Bad News for Sprint

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Interesting, yet sad, story. This comes about a week or so after rumors surfaced that T-Mobile's parent company might be interested in buying Sprint outright.

Nothing has been decided. But, with Verizon being pushed very hard by it's major partner, Vodafone, to implement a future GSM standard known as Long Term Evolution (LTE), this may very well signify the beginning of the end for the CDMA standard.

www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=3016

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Interesting, yet sad, story. This comes about a week or so after rumors surfaced that T-Mobile's parent company might be interested in buying Sprint outright.

Nothing has been decided. But, with Verizon being pushed very hard by it's major partner, Vodafone, to implement a future GSM standard known as Long Term Evolution (LTE), this may very well signify the beginning of the end for the CDMA standard.

www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=3016
really sad for sprint. They just can't seem to shake their bad rep from the horrible CS they had years ago. If I could ever make myself go back to CDMA I would definitely pick sprint over Verizon for one reason (ok well a couple). 1. and this is a huge one, Verizon severely cripples their phones. Sprint for the most part leaves theirs open. 2. SERO, and 3. their data prices are more than reasonable, and while Verizon may have better overall coverage, Sprint's is more than adequate and priced affordably.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
There was also news over the last couple of days about Sprint losing a million subscribers in the last reported quarter - that's scary.

And there are reports saying they are pumping somewhere up to $100 million into this marketing campaign for the Samsung Instinct (and how much better it is than an iPhone):

http://nowisgood.com/

You have to think that may not be money well spent ...