Bad News

Daking618

Bronze
Oct 31, 2010
Miami Fl
Okay so I didn't get a chance to pre order and I have to be at work at 6am I'm getting off at 2pm. Do you think I might have a chance to find one at AT&T. I'm in Atlanta GA

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
Okay so I didn't get a chance to pre order and I have to be at work at 6am I'm getting off at 2pm. Do you think I might have a chance to find one at AT&T. I'm in Atlanta GA
You might have a better chance of finding a KKK guy and a Saudi Prince eating a pork sandwhich while holding hands together walking down Peachtree street in downtown Atlanta.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Bribe someone at the store. that's what i would do.

daveh98

Jun 27, 2007
Bribe won't work. Can you take a lunch break and go try to get the phone? I mean even if you can't get one at launch, you will be able to get the second shipment if you pre-order now. Make a list of all the carriers in your area and just call or stop by them all after work. Another possibility (if you can afford to do so) is to take a day off; which to me is silly for a phone but whatever. Just keep perspective; you will get one within a mater of a week or so if you don't find one tomorrow, thankfully you have employment and that is a good problem. Good luck. On another note, if anyone can let me know in my thread what it takes to get a phone activated as a new customer I would appreciate it; moving back to the states from Ontario. Thanks. I have US credit that is good but no US drivers license (don't know if that is relevant..if not I should be good to go).

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Are you off work on Saturday? You'll probably be able to get one at an Apple Store on Saturday morning as they sell the reserves that weren't picked up the day after release day and I believe they receive additional shipments the following day as well. I'd show up when they open.

Oct 25, 2009
I pre-ordered mine last friday before I went in to work at 6am.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
@ Europa
Thought they were not doing in store pick up / reserves this time around.
My rep at Sprint told me Apple specified NO HOLDS, first come, first served....
(why I'm in line now, and have been since 7PM)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Looks like Apple isn't doing that this year, but I still think he has a chance of picking one up the next day. Didn't Sprint do preorders for reserve and in-store pickup?

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
But if you preorder don't u have to pay upfront. So why preorder and pay but not get your phone I would think all preordered are gonna sell at store locations

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
@ Europa:
I had purchased a 700 dollar gift card for Sprint, to buy the 2 iPhones I wanted.
At that point last week, there was still the slightest chance of a Sprint exclusive iPhone 5, so I did not pre order the 4S's on that slim chance. Didn't want to have to muck about with returning 4S's and trying to get the exclusive Sprint 5 if that's the way things went.
At that time, my rep assured me my gift card purchase would get my phones on a sort of "reserve" status, as long as I was here when the doors opened, I would bypass the line and pick up the phones he was holding for me.
He called today as he was leaving work around 5, told me they only received a "handful" of each 4S variation, and that they were told by Apple to sell on first come, first served status ONLY!

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
wait so after the Apple keynote you still thought sprint was gonna get a ip5 lol

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
Rumors are what made the ip5 possible since Apple never said anything about it and rumors are what made people upset when their new phones now didn't have 3000gb of ram, woke you up in the morning by shaking your bed, wasn't 4.7895 inches wide x 5.24634 long, .......

All the people who read the rumors and just took it as fun now love the new ip4s

imamac

Bronze
Mar 23, 2010
Just saw a story on CNN on location at one of the Atlanta stores. The reporter asked the Apple worker if they were going to run out of the new iPhone today and they said they absolutely would NOT run out. Apparently there were so many pre-orders that the store supplies are pretty healthy. Not sure which location it was but it was def Atlanta.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
So your best bet is to call some stores a few minutes before you get off work and then drive directly to that store instead of driving all over town trying to fin a store with one. Try Best Buy also as they may have some and it's the same price.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
I checked for you and this Best Buy store has the black 16gb available in store to use on AT&T. If you call them (Phone: 404-842-0938) they usually hold any product for you but since it's the new iP4S I don't know if they will.

BUCKHEAD GA
2537 PIEDMONT RD NE, ATLANTA, GA, 30324

just a few clicks on the old keyboard it's amazing everything you can find.....

Oct 25, 2009
But if you preorder don't u have to pay upfront. So why preorder and pay but not get your phone I would think all preordered are gonna sell at store locations
Better than waiting in line and it arrived this morning.