Bad Reception After Unlock

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iphonecrazyy

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
Now forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I haven't been around the forums as much as I used to.

Anyways I noticed lots of my calls and text messages were not going through to my iPhone. I would usually have to reboot it before I would get them. Also my reception was nearly always at 0 bars.

I knew something was up because I usually at least get a few bars at my house.

So anyways I did a restore to 1.1.1. Instantly my reception was showing three bars after the restore, and I was now connected to edge. I figured I would go ahead and unlock my phone again. So I used the jailbreak.com method, and unlocked it. (I have never sim unlocked the phone, as I use ATT)

Instantly without moving the location of the phone I was back to zero bars. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? Has anyone even heard of this issue?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks, Brad

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I can't be of any help as my phone is not unlocked but I'm curious.... If you're with AT&T, why bother unlocking?

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
i don't think he is talking about unlocking as using another service provider but rather jailbreaking the phone... I have att as well and have jailbroke my phone and still have full signal on my phone.. I would recommend you to do a restore on your iPhone and then go through the whole process of jailbreaking it again to see if that does anything.... thats about the only thing i can think of at the moment as far as trying to get it to work again....

iphonecrazyy

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
yes well I found out it has nothing to do with the unlock (jailbreaking), it is actually a really strange spot on my desk, I'm still dumb founded by it.

I can literally turn my phone an inch, and it will go to FULL bars. Then I turn it another way and it goes to 0 bars, very strange lol

Anyways thanks for the help

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I initially thought jailbreaking was the cause of my terrible reception, but more and more that the iPhone is just terrible at holding and receiving signal. My Razr was much better at holding signal. It seems like the iPhone has certain spots where it just gives up.

iphonecrazyy

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
yes my reception is either full bars or the phone doesn't work. Not sure how much longer I can keep this, I have to be able to receive calls at all time.