Bad reception and many dropped calls

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

vwrado

Nov 5, 2007
Hi, I have had my iPhone for almost a month now and I have really bad signal at home and work while inside. When I step outside, my signal goes up to almost full bars. While talking on my iPhone, I dropped calls constantly. My calls drop every minute if I am lucky enough to be able to talk that long.

On the other hand I have a blackberry which is also on the ATT from my work. Zero drop calls there and I am able to talk where my ATT iPhone drops. Is there a problems with my iPhone?

tmoce

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Hi, I have had my iPhone for almost a month now and I have really bad signal at home and work while inside. When I step outside, my signal goes up to almost full bars. While talking on my iPhone, I dropped calls constantly. My calls drop every minute if I am lucky enough to be able to talk that long.

On the other hand I have a blackberry which is also on the ATT from my work. Zero drop calls there and I am able to talk where my ATT iPhone drops. Is there a problems with my iPhone?

I guess is has to do with the location of the antenna. The iPhone antenna is at the bottom compared to the rest of the world at the top. I have noticed in several locations that when I raised my iPhone the signal increases almost instantly. But then I have to put it down to refresh my arm's blood flow.