Bands, Bands, Bands

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Michael Baturin, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

So much talk about the Apple Watch today in the media and tech blogorsphere, not so much talk about the bands that go with them. I have decided I am ordering one - likely an Apple Watch model. I am leaning towards the black leather loop on the 42mm Face. This handy utility lets you see what the various model watch face metals and colors will look like with the various band types and colors. Has anyone seen a review of the bands specifically, or one that talks towards them in some detail? I haven't.

Anyways, who's gonna be up late with me tonight doing what we crazy early adopters do best?

2. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

I'll be there. I'm still torn on which to get. I really like the 42mm space black but the only way to get it is to spend 1100 for it and the link band. I do like the look it's hard to spend about as much on the band as the watch. So I thought I would go with the SS and the leather loop as you but to me the SS just seems too shiny when I see pics of people wearing them. I've always worn a brushed SS watch in resent years expect for my red Pebble watch. So until 3:02 am my time will I knew w for sure.

If anyone has any insight to my problem let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Michael Baturin

Gold

I didn't realize until your reply that you can only get the space black if you get the link band. That sucks! I was hoping to get that one and have my watch looking like this.

Watches.jpg

4. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Same look as I was going for. The SS space black looks so good with most all the bands, I just don't want to spend close to 500 buck and just throw it in a drawer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I'm being gifted the Sport model. $399. Doesn't it come in Space Gray?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

6. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Yes it does. Get your fingers ready though. It's probably going to be the most popular.

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Was someone else's fingers. :D

9. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Ok just walked out of the Apple Store where I did a watch fitting (no appointment) and can confirm after looking at both the sports space gray and the black metal link band that the two are compatible and the brush metal band matches the space gray color of the sports watch nicely.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Did you testing switching bands? I was just wondering how fast/easy it is. Is it a watch traditional pins that have been used for years or is it a new Apple design that that just snaps in? Those old pins aren't necessarily difficult, but it's not something I would want to be doing all the time.

11. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

They weren't allowed to do that, I asked. They had security everywhere!!!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Oh something else they said is that the link metal band is adjustable, the inside of it had some small buttons that they said can be pressed to add or remove links, they said no tools were needed. Another observation is that they did not seem to know much about the watch features. I asked a few questions just to see if what they said matched what I've been watching in YouTube etc. And they were very straight forward saying they didn't know much beyond a training video they were shown. Overall it was a good experience and quite honestly after trying it on and going over the feel and features I decided to get the space gray sport which I'll order but I will wait and hope for a third party clone metal band, that metal band sure looked and felt solid I just can't justify the cost.

13. Michael Baturin

Gold

Just left my fitting appointment. I'm so excited to get the watch now, even more than before. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1428801644.977798.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1428801667.080038.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1428801686.432308.jpg

14. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Is it weird that I have 0 interest in getting a fitting appointment or even seeing one in person before I get mine. Just think it would take away from the awe factor if I knew exactly how it looked, worked, and felt beforehand. I know I'm weird.

15. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I'm pretty certain mine will fit. I'm not driving 80 miles to try it on.

16. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

I'm going for a fitting tomorrow pretty much to decide which extra band to order. It'll either be the Milanese or the blue leather loop ... leaning toward leather loop right now.

17. Michael Baturin

Gold

I liked the Leather Loop much more than the Milanese. The Milanese was very cool in how fabric-like it was, just not my look. The leather loop looks and feels awesome.