Bank of America iPhone interface

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Anyone else noticed that Bank of America is working on an iPhone interface? I've been using their mobile banking since they debuted it and the other day I went to it and the front page was a nice shiny iPhone interface. The rest of the site isn't yet, but it looks like they are working on it. It once again makes me love Bank of America for being so innovative (I mean their new ATM's just blow everything away).

Anyone else seen some good new iPhone interfaces?

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
If you look at it, it's looks like it's an iPhone interface. It uses the same widgets that Apple gives you for the iPhone web interface. But I could be wrong. I'd be interested in seeing what you find out. It definitely is nice to be able to use the features like find an ATM or bank with it.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Ok, I almost just wet myself. If you use their site from the iPhone and search for banking locations, you can click get directions and it definitely pops open Google Maps on the iPhone for you. I almost cried (I know, I'm easily amused). The iPhone makes like so nice :)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Finally. That BOA mobile site was getting lame (yet it's fast).

I also noticed that on the main page (before logging in) you can choose
Online Banking Access which takes you to the main BOA site (not the mobile version). I will definitely be using this as there are certain things that can't be done on the mobile version.

On a related but unrelated note I find BOA's Website, the full version, to be slow (on my PCs). Don't have that problem with Chase, Amex, or Citi.

--
Mike

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Ok, I almost just wet myself. If you use their site from the iPhone and search for banking locations, you can click get directions and it definitely pops open Google Maps on the iPhone for you. I almost cried (I know, I'm easily amused). The iPhone makes like so nice :)
I LOVE THIS TOO! it is so awesome when i'm like "hey text me ____'s number" and when they text me it, i can use that little arrow to make a direct contact! or in this case, with the address!

it just seems so cool when you're on yellowpages.com and click the number and it dials :p

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
it would be cool if WAMU did the same thing. BOA's iPhone site is pretty cool. I hate using the full version of WAMU's site through the iPhone and have to really zoom in all the way to use it. But, hey, it is cool that I can use it from my iPhone anyway. I could not do that with any of my other phones.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think about 5 threads have been put up today, each about a site putting up an iPhone formatted site.
Yeah, isn't it ironic? Apple finally releases something that can properly view the full unadulterated internet (for the most part) and it spawns a generation of device-specific sites a'la WAP portals. Not exactly what they had in mind is it?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Yeah, isn't it ironic? Apple finally releases something that can properly view the full unadulterated internet (for the most part) and it spawns a generation of device-specific sites a'la WAP portals. Not exactly what they had in mind is it?
It is ironic, but since Apple decided to go with Webapps this is what happens.

That said I'd be lieing if I said I didn't prefer iphone-friendly sites ;).

--
Mike

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
I agree, it is ironic, but as Tinman said, I would prefer to see iPhone specific sites, so I don't have to scroll so much.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
I used their website yesterday and was surprised to see that it was iPhone formatted site. As you said they have only formatted the front page for iPhone and the locations I guess. The other links seem to be the same as previous mobile version site from BoA.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
That said I'd be lieing if I said I didn't prefer iphone-friendly sites ;).
I agree, it is ironic, but as Tinman said, I would prefer to see iPhone specific sites, so I don't have to scroll so much.
Some of them are still pretty clunky and laggy, though. And I'd prefer if the site would autodetect and give a splash screen to select if you want the interface. 'Cause sometimes you don't... and using a separate URL is a pain.

Last edited by a moderator: