Banned from a shop!

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Hey guys!

Today I got banned from an Apple store! Well not an Apple store a premium reseller store. Basically I went in to look at the ATV2 and when I picked it up to have a closer look the alarm went off, every employee came rushing over and surrounded me to stop me running out of the store or something stupid like that. Then they summoned the local security and I was removed from the store and told I was not welcome in the store in the future.

So basically, looking to purchase, accused of theft. =/

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
Next time try an Apple Store, if you can. They like to have people play with the stuff and check it out, before buying.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
That sounds ridiculous. What else did you do that might have been construed as stupid? :confused:

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
That sounds ridiculous. What else did you do that might have been construed as stupid? :confused:
Nothing. I walked straight in, straight to the ATV and picked it up to have a look. I wanted to see how thin it was. I explained I was just looking but they weren't having any of it!

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Probably a good thing. I wouldn't want to give anyone my money after something like that. Was it at least tethered to the display or something that would prevent someone from walking out with it? Other than the alarm of course.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Probably a good thing. I wouldn't want to give anyone my money after something like that. Was it at least tethered to the display or something that would prevent someone from walking out with it? Other than the alarm of course.
It was connected to a wire. I don't understand why people are not allowed to look at the products. They just lost £99..

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Don't listen to rugaby, he's crazy. I got kicked out of the grocery store today for picking up a pound of cheese and nobody believes me either.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Here we go again. Seriously keep out of my threads.
It's true we have only heard one side of the story and to me it sounds like you are making it out to be a bigger deal than I am sure it was. You don't get asked to leave a store and not return unless you did something you weren't supposed to or flipped attitude when you shouldn't have.

Last I checked this was a public forum. If you don't like to hear what others have to say or can't handle it when someone doesn't coddle you perhaps you shouldn't post. Throwing me or anyone else that doesn't agree with you into a black hole isn't going to stop is from posting our opinions or calling you out.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
It's true we have only heard one side of the story and to me it sounds like you are making it out to be a bigger deal than I am sure it was. You don't get asked to leave a store and not return unless you did something you weren't supposed to or flipped attitude when you shouldn't have.

Last I checked this was a public forum. If you don't like to hear what others have to say or can't handle it when someone doesn't coddle you perhaps you shouldn't post. Throwing me or anyone else that doesn't agree with you into a black hole isn't going to stop is from posting our opinions or calling you out.
I think you need to re-read the OP. I was accused of trying to steal it. I wouldn't post about it if I was guilty.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
@Illusion, you went away for a while, and the day you came back problems problems stirred up. I think you should start taking people's posts a little bit more lightly and with an open mind. As Ray said, this is an open forum where everyone has the right to voice their opinion, whether it's with or against you, or even if neutral, for that matter.

If you're going to take everything to the heart, I'm afraid the old scenario will take place again. I'll just tell you one thing, from a friend to a friend, you're on a bit of a thin ice here in the forum if you ask me.

Oct 3, 2009
Wow.....there is a lot of

Going on in here.

But I still agree with Zanthe

Chex

Dec 17, 2008
PA
Similar thing happened to me at church last week... I put my hand in the basket to donate and ended up grabbing a few 20$ to look at,and they accused me of steeling!