Barclays app not working correctly

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Caroline

Sep 8, 2014
For about a month now my Barclay's mobile app hasn't been working. It started as a signal or connection problem which I could sort out by connecting to the internet using another app first but now it's forgotten all of my info & wants me to re-register to use it. The problem is after entering all the info to re-register as soon as I try to send the info it comes up with the error code again saying there's a signal or connection problem. Barkley's are saying it's a problem with my phone. I updated the software (as they said to), turned it on & off, deleted & re-downloaded it & have tried connecting via wifi & 3G but nothing is working & Barclay's simply don't care. Anyone have any ideas?
Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Are you jailbroken? Some banking apps and stock market apps won't allow you to use it if jailbroken. I have that issue with one app.

Which app is this? I see different types of Barclays apps.

Caroline

Sep 8, 2014
No not jailbroken :-(
It was working fine until about a month ago when it started getting these connection issues.

Caroline

Sep 8, 2014
Yeah it works for another person I know who has it. It opens fine it's just when you try to register. I haven't tried re-installing via iTunes.

Caroline

Sep 8, 2014
I have used the app with no problems for about 18 months. Then I got connection problems about a month ago when logging in & then it forgot my details so I have to re-register to use it to enable me to log in but I can never get past the registration screen where it tries to send my info to barclays.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I have used the app with no problems for about 18 months. Then I got connection problems about a month ago when logging in & then it forgot my details so I have to re-register to use it to enable me to log in but I can never get past the registration screen where it tries to send my info to barclays.
Can you not register online?

Caroline

Sep 8, 2014
You can only have 1 account per phone. If your registered & all you have to do is log in you only get a screen to put a PIN number in & your in.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
You can only have 1 account per phone. If your registered & all you have to do is log in you only get a screen to put a PIN number in & your in.
Wow that's crazy. I don't see anything immediately online about it either. I would try contacting them about it again and speaking with someone else.

Caroline

Sep 8, 2014
Yeah I might do. I left them a bad review on the App Store & a few others had too so I've been waiting to see if they bring out an update but the only update they've done is support or something for the new ios