Barometer 99 cents

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
This is a very simple but elegant barometer by Coding Dutchmen. It is universal and simply uses GPS to determine your barometric pressure. There are no menus or settings. You can double tap the dial to reset.

Barometer

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Nifty, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I'm kinda puzzled at the interest here. If it is only using your location wouldn't that mean the app is merely contacting a weather service for the barometric pressure? Isn't that likewise available, and much more, from any number of free weather apps?

Michael

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm kinda puzzled at the interest here. If it is only using your location wouldn't that mean the app is merely contacting a weather service for the barometric pressure? Isn't that likewise available, and much more, from any number of free weather apps?

Michael
I think you are probably correct, but I like the analog dials and beautiful interface which you can see immediately. Unlike other apps, this is just for barometric pressure which shows a change in weather approaching. It isn't cluttered with a bunch of other data. For me the selling point is the beautiful UI with analog dials.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
For those who might be unfamiliar with aneroid barometers the golden indicator dial in this app is a kind of bookmark. You move that over the barometer indicator to see how much of a change takes place in the following day or days.