Baseball Sluggers

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Someone please tell me how to hit the high pitch in this game! Its so freaking annoyingggggggggggggggggggggggg

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Aim high, stay with the ball, time it right.

What problem are you having, exactly?

--
Mike

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
I'm having 2 issues:

1) Can't hit the high pitch at all...i wiff every single time. I aim high and the best i can do is foul it off to left field.

2) I can't for my life hit a ball to right field! Again I try to aim to right and never gets there. The only pitch i can hit to right is a curve ball.

If the ball is down the middle of the plate, no problem.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
To be clear, is this pitch crossing the plate high, or is it a sinker?

Best advice I have, and I know it sounds corny, is to keep your eye on the ball.

--
Mike

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
To be clear, is this pitch crossing the plate high, or is it a sinker?

Best advice I have, and I know it sounds corny, is to keep your eye on the ball.

--
Mike

haha...the sinker i have no problem with...its when it crosses the plate high...i figured maybe there was some kind of trick...i guess i just need more practice.

bass_lover1

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
I'm having 2 issues:

1) Can't hit the high pitch at all...i wiff every single time. I aim high and the best i can do is foul it off to left field.

2) I can't for my life hit a ball to right field! Again I try to aim to right and never gets there. The only pitch i can hit to right is a curve ball.

If the ball is down the middle of the plate, no problem.

I take it you've never played baseball before?

1) If you can only foul it to left field, then you're swinging too early.

2) You don't really "aim" when swinging, you can either wait back and hit it to right, or swing early and hit it to left.

When you're moving the bat around the strike zone, you aren't aiming where the ball is going to go, you're trying to make contact on the sweet part of the bat. Timing it what is going to put the ball where you want it. You wait back (swing later) to hit the ball the right field, and you swing early to hit it to left.

KevJD

Bronze
Aug 30, 2008
I'm having 2 issues:

1) If you're hitting fouls to left field, you're swinging too early. Those high pitches are generally slower pitches, so you're most likely just swinging too early. Swing so late that you think it might be TOO late! :eek:k:eek:k

2) Once again, you're simply swinging too early. You'll find in most cases it's best to swing as late as possible...

Kensta

Bronze
Jul 15, 2009
SoCal
haha. I had troubles with high pitches too until I read the tutorial for the game. You have to tilt the iPhone up, down, left, right to hit certain pitches.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
haha. I had troubles with high pitches too until I read the tutorial for the game. You have to tilt the iPhone up, down, left, right to hit certain pitches.

Its killing me! I keep losing because i can't hit to right and cycle! I hit 6 in a row and lose every round!

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Practice makes perfect.

The only pitches I have trouble with are ones on the outside...when i tilt the phone to the left to get it to move out there, it doesn't do it easily enough.

bass_lover1

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
Practice makes perfect.

The only pitches I have trouble with are ones on the outside...when i tilt the phone to the left to get it to move out there, it doesn't do it easily enough.
Try playing with the phone at a 45* angle from the ground. I noticed that If I have the phone completely vertical or with the top tilted inward (like if you were to hold it up in the air if you were laying down), it makes it nearly impossible to move the bat to the outer part of the strike zone.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Haha, it is funny you say that, because I have been. When playing with it a at a 40 degree angle, it is so much easier. Still difficult to hit the outside. Ranked 2004 right now.

Kensta

Bronze
Jul 15, 2009
SoCal
I'm ranked 1748 right now. Let's get some matches going. Add me as rival.

Name is Kensta

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Still working on my consistency. Holding at a 45-degree angle definitely helps with bat placement. Also keep in mind that the "center point" resets with every pitch. So after each hit, I make sure I'm back to my starting position before the next pitch comes up. I find that tilting up and left just a bit for that starting position allows me to "scoop" down more easily for those low and outside balls. Just my 2 cents...

I love this game.

Kensta

Bronze
Jul 15, 2009
SoCal
Come on guys. Add more names for rivals.

Add me - Kensta

Edit:played ZRfreak just now. good game.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Come on guys. Add more names for rivals.

Add me - Kensta

Edit:played ZRfreak just now. good game.
You kicked my @$$! Not ready to play you yet. I need to get better equipment & more practice. You knocked my ranking down big time. I had to leave otherwise I would've been knocked back to the beginning. :dft008:surprised

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Yep I know how that feels. I was ranked around 1,500, which I thought wasn't too bad.

Then I ended up demoing the game to some friends and within what seemed like just a few games I was up to 4,500. Hard to play when you are holding iPhone in front of someone else, so that they can see.

Also seems like the cash comes in a lot more slowly once you are a slugger. And, sometimes, there aren't too many people out there playing at the higher levels.

Off for some practice...

--
Mike

Jul 22, 2009
Without perfect timing you can not hit it high. To do this wait for the ball and as it appears close to you hit it. Hope you will make it.