battery advice

Discussion in 'iPhone 3GS' started by tom112089, Feb 21, 2012.

1. tom112089

tom112089 Member
    Bronze

i have an iPhone 3gs. I bought the phone in November on 2009. I bought a new battery for it back in august 2011 because my phone was shutting off at 20% then 30% then 40%. it was fine for a while. then my phone started shutting off at random. mostly when i use 3g or wifi. now its not really random anymore because every time i use internet or open the camera app it shuts off then wont turn on until i plug it in (shows low battery screen). I'm probably going to buy another battery to hold me over until the next iPhone comes out but i need to know exactly what to get because the last one i got it said on the website and description that it was 1200 mAh and the original iPhone battery is 800 mAh meaning the replacement is better. It lasted only a few months and started giving me problems. thats why I'm asking what to look for and where to look for it. like a trusted site and battery that will last longer than a few months.

2. iHolophyte

iHolophyte Contributor
    Bronze

Was the battery you bought a genuine Apple battery or one of many copies? That might have been your problem right there.

iHolophyte

3. tom112089

tom112089 Member
    Bronze

where can i buy a genuine Apple battery?

4. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

iPodJuice.com sells replacement batteries and they warranty them for 10 years. Yes, 10 years.
    Check them out.