Battery and edge

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
I updated to 2.1 and my battery life is horrible normaly it takes a little while of gameage and Internet use to take a sliver off my battery icon now I'm on 25 minutes of
Usage and I Got two slivers gone..I'm really upset b/c OTB 2.0 had awesome battery.. Also edge is not as fast as it used to be. 1.1.4 made it much quicker but 2.1 feels slow.. What gives!?

TeamPEZ

Bronze
Sep 7, 2008
Marietta, Georgia
I updated to 2.1 and my battery life is horrible normaly it takes a little while of gameage and Internet use to take a sliver off my battery icon now I'm on 25 minutes of
Usage and I Got two slivers gone..I'm really upset b/c OTB 2.0 had awesome battery.. Also edge is not as fast as it used to be. 1.1.4 made it much quicker but 2.1 feels slow.. What gives!?
I'm having the very same issue ... I used the phone for nearly 20 minutes all day today and I am now down to 1/4 battery. My 3G is off as well as any push data, etc. It sucks that I will have to plug in everytime I sit at my computer just to keep a fresh charge :oops:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
A lot of members are experiencing less than stellar battery life with the 2.1 firmware. I am still on 2.0.2 so I can't contribute times but I know it is a commonly experienced issue.

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
try turning all your email to manual fetch for now than do hard reboot. Then do a full charge. Keep am eye on your usage and standby meters. My usage meter continued to grow while the phone was asleep, draining my battery. Turning off push and fetch worked for me. Also, call Apple! They need to know people are having these problems