Battery app

Navaskdl

Bronze
Dec 27, 2010
Hello! Is there any battery app which really tell you what is happening with your battery, like what is currently using the battery and how much current and so.. I found many battery apps only tells you the remaining power and some crappy calculations based on percent and Apple's statement about battery.

Tyger_purr

Bronze
Oct 3, 2010
I am under the impression that that information is not avaliable for an app to display.

I'm not even sure iOS can measure such statistics.

Compared to computer programs, apps are very restricted in how they can interact with anything outside of themselves.

Navaskdl

Bronze
Dec 27, 2010
Well, thanks for all replies. I simply would like to know what app or process is more power hungry. So that I can decide to reduce the usage of that app or tweak accordingly, since my device is draining faster @ 1% in 3 min! If i am not wrong the existing battery apps will tell you how much remaining you can use, which may not make sense if the battery is draining faster. For example at a point the battery app tells you that you can use 7 hours on 3G, but after one hour it says 4 hours only?! Doesn't make sense.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Well, thanks for all replies. I simply would like to know what app or process is more power hungry. So that I can decide to reduce the usage of that app or tweak accordingly, since my device is draining faster @ 1% in 3 min! If i am not wrong the existing battery apps will tell you how much remaining you can use, which may not make sense if the battery is draining faster. For example at a point the battery app tells you that you can use 7 hours on 3G, but after one hour it says 4 hours only?! Doesn't make sense.
Unless I missed it, it would also help to know which device your having battery issues with :) Unless this is just a generalized type of issue.

Navaskdl

Bronze
Dec 27, 2010
@roof
I am on iPhone4 4.3.1. I tried all os including the latest 4.3.3 with and without jb. In both cases I get hardly 5 hours on 3G internet. I was getting far better earlier. That's the story. Thanks