Battery becoming weak quick

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Heacon, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Heacon

Heacon Member
    Bronze

So basically 2 weeks ago my iPhone 4S began dieng at 3% now it is up to 13% I took a screenshot after i plugged it in so I could turn it on.. Also I only done little texting, facebook and a bit browsing(wifi) and as you see I don't get over 3 hours usage .. It has gone worse the last long period.. Anything I can do to fix it? Also is there an app to check how healthy my battery actually is.. Like seeing its new max charge amount i mAh which obviously should be lower then the 1600 a new has. Just wona know how low.... Hope someone can help^^

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iCafe app

2. JON35Y

JON35Y Member
    Bronze

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

When you press the "Restore" button in iTunes, you will have the option to do a backup of your phone before restoring to new condition. Make sure you do the backup, that way, after you have put your phone back to its original out of the box configuration, you still have the option to restore your last backup to the phone and loose nothing.

4. Heacon

Heacon Member
    Bronze

Just tryed it is the same or worse actually was about to put it in the charger when it died at 15% ....

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iCafe app

5. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I assume that you meant that the phone shut itself down when the battery level reached 15%. The phone can't be much more than a year old yet it sounds like the battery might be dying. My wife's iPhone 4 is about two years old and still going strong so I don't know what to suggest other than call Apple if you still are under Apple Care or if not take a ride to the nearest dealer for your wireless carrier and see what help they may offer. Good luck with it and let us know how you make out.

6. rmfnla

rmfnla Member
    Bronze

The battery is pretty easy to replace on the 4 series:

Or do a general search; there are ton's of articles and parts listed out there.