Battery calibration?

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
I've got a couple of questions regarding battery calibration. I realize that there are several threads regarding this, but I couldn't find one that really addressed these questions.

1: Since I've already charged, partly drained, and again charged my battery... Is it too late to calibrate? I know it's not really necessary with lithium-ion batteries these days, but I'd still be more comfortable if I did.

2: If it is still possible to calibrate my battery, is it ok to use my phone as it charges, during the calibration?

Thanks in advance for any help, guys and girls.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I've got a couple of questions regarding battery calibration. I realize that there are several threads regarding this, but I couldn't find one that really addressed these questions.

1: Since I've already charged, partly drained, and again charged my battery... Is it too late to calibrate? I know it's not really necessary with lithium-ion batteries these days, but I'd still be more comfortable if I did.

2: If it is still possible to calibrate my battery, is it ok to use my phone as it charges, during the calibration?

Thanks in advance for any help, guys and girls.
Not sure what you mean Shawn. If you are talking about the battery icon, let the battery die and then do a full charge. This will make the icon a bit more accurate.

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
I mean calibrating as in going through a few complete charge cycles to make sure that I'm getting the most life out of my battery. Or, at least... That's what I've read about.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i've never heard of that, i say just drain it out and give it a full recharge to make sure you are getting a complete and non faulty reading.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I mean calibrating as in going through a few complete charge cycles to make sure that I'm getting the most life out of my battery. Or, at least... That's what I've read about.
OK. This should be done every 4-6 weeks. Also like I said, it keeps the battery icon more accurate.
Here is an article from Apple on battery care.

GeeGawGadgetGuy

Bronze
Nov 2, 2008

Dustu2,

Good question. You can still calibrate if you wish. You haven't missed anything by not doing it initally. There is a fairly comprehensive post that also uses some information from the Apple battery page....

Here is the link.
Hope that helps ya out!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
That article didn't help at all. All i learned was that Firewire doesn't work and the iPhone doesn't come with a firewire cable

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
Well, I guess I'll just play it on the safe side and leave it alone while it charges. Thanks guys!

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Dust what i did was charge it up and let it drain completely for the first 3 or 4 times when i bought it. Now i usually let it drain out completely about twice a week.