Battery capacitor problem?

YellowMr2

Aug 24, 2009
My cousin just gave me his broken iPhone 4. He replaced the lcd, but accidentally screwed up a capactior on the logic board.

The only way to get it to turn on is to plug it into an outlet charger. Once i disconnect it, it will shuts right off. I've changed the battery already and there are a couple missing screws.

Please let me know if the red circle piece i've circled in the picture is repairable and does anyone know what's it called/do?

One picture is how a motherboard should look like and the other picture is what I am facing right now.

Thank you!

Attachments

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
My cousin just gave me his broken iPhone 4. He replaced the lcd, but accidentally screwed up a capactior on the logic board.

The only way to get it to turn on is to plug it into an outlet charger. Once i disconnect it, it will shuts right off. I've changed the battery already and there are a couple missing screws.

Please let me know if the red circle piece i've circled in the picture is repairable and does anyone know what's it called/do?

One picture is how a motherboard should look like and the other picture is what I am facing right now.

Thank you!
I doubt that's repairable, it's on a PCB and I think swapping parts out from it with new ones would probably destroy it...