Battery capacitor problem?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

YellowMr2

Aug 24, 2009
My cousin just gave me his broken iPhone 4. He replaced the lcd, but accidentally screwed up a capactior on the logic board.

The only way to get it to turn on is to plug it into an outlet charger. Once i disconnect it, it will shuts right off. I've changed the battery already and there are a couple missing screws.

Please let me know if the red circle piece i've circled in the picture is repairable and does anyone know what's it called/do?

One picture is how a motherboard should look like and the other picture is what I am facing right now.

Thank you!

Attachments

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
My cousin just gave me his broken iPhone 4. He replaced the lcd, but accidentally screwed up a capactior on the logic board.

The only way to get it to turn on is to plug it into an outlet charger. Once i disconnect it, it will shuts right off. I've changed the battery already and there are a couple missing screws.

Please let me know if the red circle piece i've circled in the picture is repairable and does anyone know what's it called/do?

One picture is how a motherboard should look like and the other picture is what I am facing right now.

Thank you!
I doubt that's repairable, it's on a PCB and I think swapping parts out from it with new ones would probably destroy it...