battery conditioning

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wilzer

Jun 27, 2007
does anyone have any advice on battery conditioning? I haven't read anything about it..... P.S. don't hate me but I posted this with my phone..... Its awsome

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Go to the Apple support area and search for battery.

Really the best thing you can do is not to run it all the way down before recharging. (It doesn't have a memory.) And never leave it in a hot or cold car.

Wilzer

Jun 27, 2007
Go to the Apple support area and search for battery.

Really the best thing you can do is not to run it all the way down before recharging. (It doesn't have a memory.) And never leave it in a hot or cold car.
So its not the old ...charge it up all the way and run it down thing that we used to have to do with batteries?

danielchk

Jun 30, 2007
Hi guys, I am from HK, really jealous you guys can play this magic staff right now ... Is that the charging circuit is same as ipod ? It means they are using the same Charging Adaptor ?

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
That's not good for Li-Ion cells from what I've seen published.
Yeah that stuff about conditioning batteries was leftover from the old NiCad days. Li-Ions have been in use for quite a few years. But somewhere along the way, probably about the time NiCads were going out of style, people started getting the idea of conditioning the battery.

Now everyone has to un-learn what they learned too late in the first place. :laugh2: