Battery Conservation Via WiFi

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Apple recommends keeping WiFi on, but has anyone conducted or seen a test as to how much battery power it would save to keep it off? I know it sucked the battery life out of my old pocket pc phone, and am hopeful to hang on to as much as I can.

Edit:
Particularly if using your iPhone on road trips, when you are certain WiFi isn't even an option. It may not even make a difference.

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
From some articles have read, and through common sense its clear that there are some battery life differences if you leave WiFi on or turn it off.

I can't seem to find the article I read that shows I;m not making this up, but as soon as I find it, I'll link it.

ben1380

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I thought Apple recommended to keep wifi OFF to conserve battery power. If it's on, it's always looking for a network whether there is one available or not.

art

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
I have lots of WiFi experience as I use it everywhere, everyday. When on vacation I travel with it off and the battery savings is huge. So I would suggest you leave it off, no matter what Apple says. It's really easy to turn on if your going to use it, so off is best.