Battery died and iPhone bricked

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY
This is the first time I let the battery fully die. I was sailing and listening to some tunes. Then I had to do some work at my yacht club, its a working club, and continued to listen to my ipod.

So yes I had the damn thing run till the battery died. No problem says I when I get home I'll just jack it in and download some really cool photos of the Half Moon Sail boat coming up the Hudson.

So, I get home and plug it in and its been 1/2 hour and NOTHING, the damn thing is DEAD What The HELL !

Anyone know what the deal is.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
This is the first time I let the battery fully die. I was sailing and listening to some tunes. Then I had to do some work at my yacht club, its a working club, and continued to listen to my ipod.

So yes I had the damn thing run till the battery died. No problem says I when I get home I'll just jack it in and download some really cool photos of the Half Moon Sail boat coming up the Hudson.

So, I get home and plug it in and its been 1/2 hour and NOTHING, the damn thing is DEAD What The HELL !

Anyone know what the deal is.
Have you tried plugging it into the computer yet? Have you tried pushing the sleep button on top?

If either of these suggestions help, I think it would only be fair if you offered a midnight moonlight boat trip for me and my girl. We could board at Pier 17 - you name the date; we're flexible. looking forward to it. ;)

hope you get back up in no time.

biffyiffy

Bronze
Aug 27, 2007
I wouldn't get too worried yet...if its only been a half hour. I just had an 8gb delivered yesterday and it was D.E.A.D...dead. Had to charge it at least 45min before it would power on. Id say after 45min to an hour, you might start to worry.

jerrettpaul

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Denton, TX
yeah man, i wouldn't worry too much about it.

i mod my phone on a regular bases, and i've never even heard of any confirmed bricks from people doing that.

have you tried to restore it through iTunes after you charged it a little? that might help. keep it plugged in until in the morning or until late tonite and then hold the sleep button in the corner and see if it turns on.

if it really is bricked then you can definitely take it in and get it replaced. glad to know that if my phone bricks from me jacking around with it and jailbreaking it that i can blame it on the battery. hahaha.

keep me updated bro, im sure youre fine!

muckymucky

Bronze
Aug 19, 2007
aye Bay~Bay~
maybe its not off. my phone did a weird thing today after i installed new summerboard and new mobilechat:

so the phone was on and i went to touch it by pressing the home button, i noticed screen was not lit, it was black, nothing comes on. so i pressed the sleep button to see if its stuck. nothing happened. so i thought.. maybe its stuck in sleep mode. so i press and held the sleep and home button together, was gonna go for 25 seconds, but the Apple logo showed up at like 5 seconds.
try this and let me know if it works.

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY
maybe its not off. my phone did a weird thing today after i installed new summerboard and new mobilechat:

so the phone was on and i went to touch it by pressing the home button, i noticed screen was not lit, it was black, nothing comes on. so i pressed the sleep button to see if its stuck. nothing happened. so i thought.. maybe its stuck in sleep mode. so i press and held the sleep and home button together, was gonna go for 25 seconds, but the Apple logo showed up at like 5 seconds.
try this and let me know if it works.
OK so I like wake up at 4:00 AM grab my powerbook laying on my bed ( yes I fell asleep reading the everything iPhone forum, embarrassed )

I hit refresh and read muckymucky's post. I say what the hell so I press and hold the sleep and home button together, I hold it for 5 sec NOTHING then I say screw it and hold it for what probably was 15 sec and the Apple logo showed up. WHEW !

Still very weird I backed up and uploaded my sailing photos here are a few to brighten up this thread

Your Captain, sailing and listening to some tunes draining my iPhone battery

Tidbit my vintage 1964 wooden Catboat

The Half Moon came sailing past

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I'm glad to hear that it all went well. It's just good to know that up until now there really is no confirmation that someone has bricked there iPhone up with having it jailbreaked.:laugh2: