Battery drain and third party apps

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hooshka

Jul 10, 2007
Berkeley, CA
Anyone notice that the battery drains faster after using Installer to install third party apps? My suspicion is that it has something to do with the BSD subsystem and Dock. Anyone else notice this?

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Anyone notice that the battery drains faster after using Installer to install third party apps? My suspicion is that it has something to do with the BSD subsystem and Dock. Anyone else notice this?
Yeah, I was kinda wondering if that was happening too.. I was figuring that wasthe case, or maybe just because I am using it so much while hacking away. Also since I often turn the phone off and on (Summerboard) you can't see the usage data to be sure.

Does seem a bit quicker on the drain to me though... Anyone else?

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I don't notice too much as far as standby time is concerned. When I use the phone and apps then i do:p.

micah67

Jul 9, 2007
I noticed this exact issue, too. I haven't tracked down the specific culprit. It's a significant difference - it feels like half the time before remaining juice becomes critical...

iammike

Sep 5, 2007
I would think anything that ran constantly like Summerboard and Dock would effect battery life. Most other apps only run if you ask them to run.

Sep 17, 2007
I get about a day using the phone for talking, listening and playing with 3rd party apps. I put installer.app as soon as I got it, so I don't know if it drains quickly or not. I want to know how in the world the battery lasts for 2 days for theraker007. I wish mine did that.

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I've notice that too. And did you guys notice that your usage stat will reset back to (-) for some reason. I really can’t figure out how it does that. Does somebody know? I can never remember to check it after I mod something to find out what triggers the reset.

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Ah, I thought I was the only one. I dislike that. But I'm not willing to give up the third party apps for the longer life. Hopefully it'll work out eventually.