Battery draining with push on? Need help.

Antmf

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
Ok I just installed gmail with exchange for the push calendar and contacts and have all my mail going to yahoo for the push mail and it seems my battery life is so fricking short now. Yesterday I used it for about 1 and a half hours on the phone used the internest a little bit. Maybe about 3 hours of total use the rest standby and by 6:30 PM last night I had to recharge for a bit. Now I turned off all push ( email contacts and calendar and it seems it is working as normal again. The only problem is I lost all my contacts on the phone and don't know why. Maybe the phone is constantly pushing and this is the reason why the batter is draining? Why would all my contacts on phone disappear? Please let me know if anyone has similar problems and how you went about fixing it? Maybe it was just the pushmail or exchange push for contacts and calendar or maybe both. But as of right now all my push stuff is off and it seems ok. Thanks..

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
push does drain battery life much faster, there are positive and negative aspects with all things in life, and this doesn't let us down with that in mind.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
How much mail do you get? How many changes were pushed to your calendar/contacts? I have push enabled, receive 10-20 emails per hour, I'm sitting on 1 hour and 46 minutes of usage 5 hours of standby and I still have 75% battery. 3G disabled, bluetooth off and location services off.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I have push enabled, receive 10-20 emails per hour, I'm sitting on 1 hour and 46 minutes of usage 5 hours of standby and I still have 75% battery. 3G disabled, bluetooth off and location services off.
That's about average battery life from what I have been seeing with mine.
I have Location services off, BT off, and I manually retrieve emails because I have the gmail notifier on my desktop PC. My 3G is on all the time. I may get 5% better battery than you, but a lot of that has to do with signal strength. Before moving to our new building, my 3G signal was 100% all the time. Now, I have 1 bar of Edge signal in the new building. Apparently because of all the Crackberry users, we are looking at getting either a signal booster for the building or talk with someone ( I assume AT&T) about getting a tower on the back part of our lot.

Antmf

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
How much mail do you get? How many changes were pushed to your calendar/contacts? I have push enabled, receive 10-20 emails per hour, I'm sitting on 1 hour and 46 minutes of usage 5 hours of standby and I still have 75% battery. 3G disabled, bluetooth off and location services off.[/quote

If I get 5 emails an hours it is a lot. I have a total of 80 contacts that I synced the other day but have not made any changes to it since. I have to made some miinor changes to my calendar yesterday approx. 8 or so. I have bluettoth on 3G on and loc svc on but it seems I have never had this problem since doing the push thing with exchange or yahoo ? I am confused lol...

iLiam

Dec 18, 2008
Chesterfield
Depends on how long the intervals are between Push - Either 15, 30, or every hour

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Depends on how long the intervals are between Push - Either 15, 30, or every hour
That is not Push, that's fetch. Push pushes the mail to your phone as it is received on the server.