Battery Drains IMMEDIATELY

kopkiwi

May 16, 2010
Hi,

I joined this forum specifically because of this problem, for which I cannot find a solution.

Firstly the phone wouldn't charge last night after it went dead. I eventually fixed it by resetting it.

Now the real problem, the battery drains immediately, now when I say immediately, I mean I get maybe 2 hours IF THAT, of usage.

Sending a text message alone drains 4% of battery life.

Now before the standard "have you checked this and that" questions start flying.

I have changed NOTHING since Friday when the phone would run a good day even with solid use.

Has my phone finally packed it in? After only 8 months?:mad:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Generally, Lithium-ion batteries gradually start to lose a charge. They should last a lot longer than 8 months, usually a couple years or more. Since you have noticed a drastic change and haven't changed any settings, I suggest a restore to factory settings. If you continue to experience rapid battery drain after the restore, take it in to Apple for a free replacement.

Is it hot to touch or warmer than usual?

rollinfromhell

Zealot
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Generally, Lithium-ion batteries gradually start to lose a charge. They should last a lot longer than 8 months, usually a couple years or more. Since you have noticed a drastic change and haven't changed any settings, I suggest a restore to factory settings. If you continue to experience rapid battery drain after the restore, take it in to Apple for a free replacement.

Is it hot to touch or warmer than usual?
I suggest a restore, and new iPhone option. Just backup your photos and contacts first. literally backing up your photos so u can drag and drop once your phone is restored to new. it most likely won't work, but if you feel lazy just take it into Apple when u restore it and just tell them about the issue they will replace it on the spot.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I suggest a restore, and new iPhone option. Just backup your photos and contacts first. literally backing up your photos so u can drag and drop once your phone is restored to new. it most likely won't work, but if you feel lazy just take it into Apple when u restore it and just tell them about the issue they will replace it on the spot.
Providing your moisture sensors haven't been activated or the warranty hasn't been voided in another manner.