Battery dying fast just started around August 1st

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SMELTN, Aug 2, 2012.

1. SMELTN

SMELTN Member
    Bronze

So last night I noticed my battery died EXTREMELY quick on my 4s, way more so than usual and I wasn't even using it. It was just sitting on my desk.. Then this morning my wife sends me a text message and says her phone ( iPhone4) did the same thing yesterday.... Anyone else notice this as well? Very unusual battery drain that just started?

This is both a iPhone 4 and 4s and we do have some of the same apps but not all.

2. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

I'm not actually experiencing this issue on my end(32gb iPhone 4). However, the battery life is pretty weak, if I say so myself. You may want to check all of your(and your wife's) settings. Here's a site from Apple that may help:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

Worse comes to worse, you could try restoring the device, as new, and see if that resolves the battery life issue. You can also take it to a local Apple store(if you live near one) and they will test the battery life to make sure it's not the battery itself.

3. SMELTN

SMELTN Member
    Bronze

yeah it isn't anything like that. I have played with all the settings and such that you mentioned. There is something that just started happening yesterday that is causing this. Don't know if its an app update thats the problem, just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this as well.

4. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

Makes sense. I haven't experienced any issues with my battery(outside of the normal issues experienced). Any of the applications that updated yesterday(when you started experiencing the issue), take a look at their ratings on iTunes and see if any other users have reported it. That would be the route I would go with that.