battery dying

tumi747

Feb 16, 2008
I just bought my iPhone in december. I worked great until a couple of weeks ago. The battery is at the point where it dies in 11 hours. My daily usage is literally a few short calls (under 10 minutes each). I may also use a couple of apps like the calculator or weather app. I used to use the safari and iTunes all the time but my phone won't last long if I use it now. any one have any experience with this? I am hoping since I have only had the phone a couple months that Apple will either fix it or replace it.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Turn off Wifi (Settings -> Wifi) when you're not actually connected to your home wifi or a hotspot. Unless you do this, your phone continuously searches for a network to connect to and that drains the battery fairly quickly.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
also check settings on how bright u have your screen
this is the biggest one right here. make sure to turn the brightness down to about 30 %. also like a previous poster said, make sure you mail is set to check manually unless you need it to automatically check. also check your EQ under the ipod settings. turn the EQ to off unless you are using the iPod.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
wow i didn't even know the iPod had those eq settings. I never even really looked into the iPod settings. Lots of stuff in there.

Evangelist!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I think you've got a problem. You should take it to an Apple store and let them take a look at it.

nikeplayer222

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
Michigan
and make sure your mail settings are on check manually... because then your phone will continuously connect to the internet to get your email... this worked for me

Why can i not find that setting? i'm under mail in "settings' and there's not an option to turn it to manual. Am i a noob or is something wrong?

nikeplayer222

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
Michigan
U should be able to go to settings>mail>messages>auto check... And that's where it should have an option to manually check
All i have under "messages" are, show, preview, minimum font size, show to/cc label, and ask before deleting

Last edited by a moderator: