Battery icon problem is a hardware problem?

jimmyjimmy64

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Hey guys,

I've read a lot about of the battery icon on the iPhone, which doesn't always show 100% (i.e. the icon doesn't glow) is just a GUI problem. But I noticed that even when the battery had been fully charged, i.e. it had been in for more than 4 hours, the iPhone was still warm to the touch, meaning that the battery was likely still being charged.

anyone else notice this?

If the iPhone always tries to charge the battery (due to the fact that the iPhone doesn't believe that the battery is fully charged), I'm thinking that it could potentially damage the battery.

Any thoughts on this? Have any fixes been discovered with relation to this problem?

Thanks guys!

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
Hey guys,

I've read a lot about of the battery icon on the iPhone, which doesn't always show 100% (i.e. the icon doesn't glow) is just a GUI problem. But I noticed that even when the battery had been fully charged, i.e. it had been in for more than 4 hours, the iPhone was still warm to the touch, meaning that the battery was likely still being charged.

If the iPhone always tries to charge the battery (due to the fact that the iPhone doesn't believe that the battery is fully charged), I'm thinking that it could potentially damage the battery.

Any thoughts on this? Have any fixes been discovered with relation to this problem?

Thanks guys!
If you are jailbroken there's a nifty app called HWInfo that tells you everything concerning your phone.

Good luck