battery icons

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Why do i get 2 diff battery icons? Is one when it has full charge? When i took both pics my battery was at about 40%. If you cant seen it one has a lightning bolt and the 2nd pic has what looks like a plug. Both pics were taken on a stock wall charger.

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I think the lightning bolt is when its charging, the plug is when its fully charged?!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
The one that looks like a plug shows when the phone is fully charged. I would do a hard reset and what might help more is to let the phone completely die and then a full charge. This will "reset" the meter

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
My guess is the plug means it's running entirely off wall power and the battery is doing nothing...i.e. not charging.

Drain it completely until it doesn't turn on (not even the low battery indicator) before fully charging it. Though, to do that, you have to keep hitting the power button to get it to turn the screen on and display that indicator and then turn back off umpteen times before it finally runs out of juice. Could be a fun chore for you to assign to someone else :laugh2:

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Drain it completely until it doesn't turn on (not even the low battery indicator) before fully charging it.
Actually, you should not do that for every charge. A lithium ion battery only has a certain number of cycles in it. What you described would be considered a cycle. It is good though to do this once every other week but certainly not every time you charge your phone, or anything with a lithium ion batter for that matter.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Right, forgot to clarify that. It prefers short charges for the most part, but sometimes needs to be reset.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
if thats a lightning bolt in the first pic, that means it charging and the plug in the second means its at a full charge.