Battery in iOS 7.0.4

1. lancer_325

lancer_325 Member Bronze

Anybody else having battery drain issues since updating to 7.0.4? I'm down to 20% after only 7 hours 45 mins as opposed to my usual 10+ before. My usage has not changed much since the update so it's not a new app or overuse. Of course Apple will refuse to address this as per every other battery drain issue. I'm deciding whether to ditch Apple completely from now on because of this shoddy attitude to their software making the device suck juice. Any other views?

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius Gold

My iPhone 5 is about the same on iOS 7.0.4 as any other 7.0.x or iOS 6.1.3. I get about 9 1/2 hours per full charge. Average.

Sent using iCafe app

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Evangelist Gold

I am not even on iOS 7 yet. I am on iOS 6.1.2 and my battery is horrible. I feel like I have to calibrate it now every day!

5. Europa

Europa Genius Senior Moderator

Mine seems the same. I would restore to factory settings before considering something as drastic as switching phones.

6. flatbacks21

flatbacks21 Member Bronze

I am on iOS 7.0.4 and my i5 has shown significant battery drain as opposed to 7.0.3... I too am disappointed b/c while I'm at work for 8 hours, phone is on but not in use and after I take the phone off the charger at 5am, and leave work at 3:30pm, phone is well under 50% with no use, just on stand by.. When running ios 6, I would be at or around 80% after the same time period.. Dunno what to think, love my i5 but hate the battery now..

Sent using iCafe app

7. Europa

Sounds like a poor cellular connection is zapping the battery while you're at work. How is your signal strength there? Have you tried resetting your network settings or restoring?

8. flatbacks21

I have turned off network and just used wifi.. Still issues

Sent using a karate chop!

9. Europa

Sounds like it needs to be restored.

10. flatbacks21

Did that about a week ago.. Might have to find an Apple store to see what's up

Sent using a karate chop!

11. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Member Bronze

My mini has always been a bit weak in battery life when compared with my wife's iPad 2 . Both are basically configured the same way in whatever settings could pertain to battery use. This has been the case in both iOS 6 as well as iOS 7 .... I attributed it to the fully size iPad simply having a bigger battery (?)

Sent using iCafe app

12. radtechy

radtechy Contributor Bronze

I have 50% left with 10 hours of use and 2 days standby on my ipad mini retina using 7.0.4

I leave wifi on and Bluetooth all the time cause I stream a lot of music with Sirius XM to my LG tone BT headphones.

I never bothered to update to 7.0.4 on my 5S cause I'm satisfied with it on 7.0.3

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina with Tapatalk

13. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Member Bronze

It sounds like your mini-retina does quite a bit better than my 'original' mini. It's certainly adequate for what I do, as I am normally at home and can connect it. But a 6 hr flight on which I did nothing other than read my book on Kindle will usually take it from 90 ish % to maybe 25 or 30 % ..... David

14. radtechy

radtechy Contributor Bronze

Ouch!

Do you have Apple care that should warrant a replacement if the depletion is that severe

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

15. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Member Bronze

No I don't, and living in the Caribbean , support can be sketchy. It was purchased in San Francisco at the Apple Store on release day a year and a bit ago ( Nov 2012 ) The performance on the device itself is great, but battery wise I'd call yours 'better than average' and mine 'worse'. You battery stats look more like my wife' full size iPad (2) ..... I always figured that hers was simply better because of a bigger battery.... Now I wonder ! David

Sent using iCafe app