Battery issues 2nd phone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lephelps78, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Lephelps78

Lephelps78 Member
    Bronze

Well, this just stinks! I made an appointment at my Apple store yesterday. That place was a mad house! Anyway, I was getting around 3 hours of usage out of the battery on my original ip5. Too it in last night, he ran some diagnostic test's and decided to replace the phone. Well, so far this "new" phone they gave me is right about at the same usage. I REALLY hate to go back to that zoo and sit & wait. Just stinks. Something else that somewhat bothered me... I had to try and save my iCarbon protectors that i ordered and have on my phone. Not once did the tech offer anything in regards to the protection i have on the phone that i had to remove TRYING not to damage it. I wasn't even offered a screen protector after having to rip mine off of the phone. I don't know.... I love everything about this phone except for the battery issues i am having. And now this replacement phone seems to be on the same track as the other one.

Anywhooo i just wanted to rant a lil bit i guess. :-/

2. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Lephelps78 Did you restore your iPhone from a previous backup?

I had issues with my battery and I did restore from a previous back up but for me the solution was not to get rid of my backup and start fresh bringing everything in slowly. They always want you to do that.

I Reset All Settings and that kicked my battery issue. IDK if this will work for you, but give it a try, if you haven't already.

Settings > General > scroll to the bottom Reset > Select Reset All Settings at the top.

3. Lephelps78

Lephelps78 Member
    Bronze

yes, i restored as NEW with both phones... No backup. Still no luck. I will give this phone a few days i guess? Let it completely drain, then charge to 100%. Hopefully that will work.

4. Lephelps78

Lephelps78 Member
    Bronze

Just a side note... I compared with my wife's ip5 and hers was at 56% battery with over 12 hours of usage. Thats when i really knew something was wrong with mine.

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I would say you have to check your settings. See what's running and cut off unnecessary things that shouldn't be running. I had a problem with my Bluetooth always running and when I discovered ti, it helped me but I still had to reset my settings and that fixed my issue.

Check your settings maybe even as a new iPhone something is running that shouldn't be. It could be as simple as your phone desperately searching all the time for a WiFi signal when you are no where near one.

Do a Reset all Settings anyhow, just to see how it goes. U never know.

6. Lephelps78

Lephelps78 Member
    Bronze

As of this morning, from a full 100% charger. ImageUploadedByiCafe1349799617.397712.jpg

7. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

U haven't been using your iPhone for anytime since the charge then?

8. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

U should definitely try to Reset All Settings. See what that'll do for you.

It's just unusual, not unheard of, that both iPhones would have the identical battery issue. I think something is running in the background that you can't get to. I just say that because this was my issue. The Reset All Settings fixed this for me.

9. Lephelps78

Lephelps78 Member
    Bronze

Ok i will try that right now! So go> settings> general> reset> reset network settings?

10. Lephelps78

Lephelps78 Member
    Bronze

Wait... Reset ALL settings? Sorry lol

And thanks!

11. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Anything different about your wife's iPhone's settings? Specifically, does she have LTE set to on?

How is your LTE signal? Is it solid and consistent?

12. Lephelps78

Lephelps78 Member
    Bronze

No sir... Both settings are the same. My LTE is good, i always have at least 4 bars. Never jumps to 4G

13. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

14. Lephelps78

Lephelps78 Member
    Bronze

15. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

well it took 3 IP5's before my 4th works great.. Great Battery life

my previous 3 had horrible battery life......

it was quick and easy...made an appt with Genius Bar.......went at that time and walked out 10-15min later with new IP5...

16. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

How bad were the first 3?

17. medenblik

medenblik Contributor
    Silver

my previous were horrible....

the 3rd one...it was 100%...after an hour of not using it and no PUSH email, it went to 70%...that is NON USE..

now i am getting great standby and usage times......

18. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

This was after the reset that Sharunda suggested? If so, maybe you need to go get your iP5 replaced ;(

19. Lephelps78

Lephelps78 Member
    Bronze

yes, i did the reset and still draining like crazy. So, looks like i'm going back for another replacement. :-/

20. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Wow! That really is bizarre. I have a stupid question. Does the "LTE" show when you actually have an LTE signal or does 4G show all the time?