Battery life became amazing?

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
Well guy's, the weirdest thing has happened thus far today. Usually my battery life is somewhat pathetic, along with the apps closing, laggyness and so on of the phone.

I have not updated the firmware since I bought it ,still on 2.0 and decided to wait. As I kept using it more and more (past 2 months) it became a great deal better, especially with some settings off (push email and auto check off, location services off) just to give you a brief idea of how my battery life still was after making those changes. Well I was getting about 3:30 min or so with straight usage when the 20% would come up..

Today although, I have used the phone for about 4 hours non stop 3g surfing on the web. Usually my 3g service sucks, but man, I was getting 4-5 bars and the internet was FLYING, made some phone calls, checked email and as I sit here now from using this phone since 10am this morning, the battery meter still shows DEAD FULL. This is absurd , is this a glitch ? I finally did a full charge rather then charging on and off last night, I also always charge with my Macbook through certain points of the day.

Another thing I noticed was the lack of lag in the phone today, Safari crashed just once instead of like 20 times, no typing lag, etc.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Martin. :)

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
It's most likely a glitch in your battery picture. Mine stays at like 20% sometimes while I'm charging, and I reset my phone and it will show that it's full. It could be the opposite for you though.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Charge, power off. Dock phone to have it automatically power on, reset usage, undock and see how well it does.