Battery Life For Apple Bluetooth Headset

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
So far I've been very pleased with my Apple BT device, but was wondering how the battery life has been with other owners. It seems that after I charge mine, the BT display next to the regular battery icon shows a full charge for only a short period of time, and by the end of the day, it's almost fully discharged. Is that normal or are there ways to prolong the battery life ? Thanks in advance ! Cheers !

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
I am having the same problem with mine. Today for example I have talked only one hour on it and it has been on standby the rest of the time. When I say standby it has not been in powersaving mode, the phone still shows the headset is paired with it. I find this is necessary since when it goes into powersaving mode it does not re-pair so easily and you end up having to fool around with either the phone or the headset until they find each other. So I have not let it completely drain but it is usually in the red by the end of the day.

I am contemplating returning the headset because I am afraid its battery is defective. Anyone else have advice? Thanks

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Hmmm my wifes seems to last longer than that but my Motorola H12 i wear usually from 7am to about 10pm with an hour or so of talk and i charge it usually twice a week. Its the best BT ive ever had hands down My jawbone is almost as good but size makes this one the best IMO

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
yeah I returned my first one as I found the battery life very poor. Really I feel its a cool toy if you have an in-car charger its fine for day to day use but if your a heavy duty user get something else.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
The little rubber grommet around the ear piece has already started to fall off too. I probably won't buy another one when this one quits. It's cool looking but it's not as good as some of the other bluetooth devices on the market.