Battery life improvement with update

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Heacon

Bronze
Nov 3, 2011
I closed all and went to sleep after it was 100% charged here 6 hours later I lost 15% I would have lost more before.... But its still way to much wtf to do?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using iCafe app

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I closed all and went to sleep after it was 100% charged here 6 hours later I lost 15% I would have lost more before.... But its still way to much wtf to do?

Keep a charger with you? Who doesn't plug their phone in at night?

Heacon

Bronze
Nov 3, 2011
Problem is I want a high as possible standby as I am gonna travel 6 months over 1 month being thailand so ...

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Make sure there are no apps 'running' in the background. Possible that you have an app like safari running that a page is updating a lot? Just trying to think of some things that could cause a drain.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
For your trip you should invest in a portable battery. I have one that I carry as insurance especially after blowing the fuse for the accessory port in my car. That's fixed now but I'll still carry the battery in my pocket for long days away from a charger.

YMMV

Any impatience you show will only create more stress.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Still crappy on my end... I have most location services turned off.. Have turned off auto time update ect... Still horrible for me..

••Sent from my iPhone 4S••

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Go through your apps that are not on the notification center, some might still have push notification on. I had about 12 apps with push on and I had no idea.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Go through your apps that are not on the notification center, some might still have push notification on. I had about 12 apps with push on and I had no idea.
I just turned off all Notifications just to see what happens.

So Benny with Notifications on that would make the phone keep working or refreshing or something in order to get the notifications out?

I'll report on what happens next.