Battery life improvement with update

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
^^^^ 350 apps? Dang! With that many, trying to install one at a time to figure out which one is the battery hog is probably the biggest battery drain :D
LOL! I don't think I should have to do this at all. This phone should just work! They've got to get it together.

I really thought I found the culprit when I discovered that my Bluetooth was on without my permission. I figured that was it. When I turned off the Bluetooth on my iPhone 4 it solved the problem but not with the iP5. But that lets me know that some functions are probably working without my permission that are constantly searching for a connection. GPS is probably it. I read where a corrupted GPS App from Apple was the culprit in the one persons case. I think they lied about how the Genius handled it. They said the Genius restored their phone, put iOS 5.0.1 on for them and then put all their stuff back on the phone for them. No Genius does that. But it got me to thinking that there, more likely than not is a corrupt function going on with GPS or any searching App. For example Safari or WiFi could be running even when we think its not, causing a battery dran and we can't, in some cases, as other people's phones seem to work, can't do anything about it because this is something Apple has to fix not us.

beautifulliar

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
LOL! I don't think I should have to do this at all. This phone should just work! They've got to get it together.

I really thought I found the culprit when I discovered that my Bluetooth was on without my permission. I figured that was it. When I turned off the Bluetooth on my iPhone 4 it solved the problem but not with the iP5. But that lets me know that some functions are probably working without my permission that are constantly searching for a connection. GPS is probably it. I read where a corrupted GPS App from Apple was the culprit in the one persons case. I think they lied about how the Genius handled it. They said the Genius restored their phone, put iOS 5.0.1 on for them and then put all their stuff back on the phone for them. No Genius does that. But it got me to thinking that there, more likely than not is a corrupt function going on with GPS or any searching App. For example Safari or WiFi could be running even when we think its not, causing a battery dran and we can't, in some cases, as other people's phones seem to work, can't do anything about it because this is something Apple has to fix not us.
Do you have any apps that keep track of either your data usage or memory? If you do, delete those. They will drain your battery in a hurry! Its not how many apps you have, but which ones. It was a hassle to go through my apps to figure out which ones where the battery hogs, but it was worth it because now my battery time has vastly improved!

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
One app that caused me a battery drain problem was Google+. No idea why, but it really made mine tank.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Do you have any apps that keep track of either your data usage or memory? If you do, delete those. They will drain your battery in a hurry! Its not how many apps you have, but which ones. It was a hassle to go through my apps to figure out which ones where the battery hogs, but it was worth it because now my battery time has vastly improved!
I may have a few. I will have to target those first.

Has your Usage time and Standby time worked itself out yet? Are they still the same or are they different now since you got those apps off of your phone?

beautifulliar

Bronze
Jun 10, 2007
I may have a few. I will have to target those first.

Has your Usage time and Standby time worked itself out yet? Are they still the same or are they different now since you got those apps off of your phone?
They are different now. It was DataMan that was causing usage/standby to be the same.

And by the way, I also have tons of apps. 362 to be exact.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
It's more a location service bug than anything. Killing an app or deleting it doesn't exactly fix the problem. Even with everything closed I still get around 5 hours on 3G.