Battery life iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2' started by Prozium12, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I seem to get good days and bad days with battery life, but I'm not sure if I'm imagining it but my old iPad 2 seemed to get better life when I'm watching tv or a film the battery goes down quick in gonna charge it and see what usage I get then compare it I almost made appointment with Genius Bar any how what are you guys getting out of yours??

2. latinpride613

latinpride613 Member
    Bronze

I have had the iPad Air 2 for about 2 weeks now and felt that the battery has been pretty consistent.

I use it pretty much the same all week and a lot more on the weekend. On the weekend I stream Netflix, stream anime on random sites, play games, hop on this forum, bit of Facebook and YouTube. Browse for new tech on some websites every now and again. By the end of the day I'm at about 63 maybe 60 percent.

What are your daily routines?

3. latinpride613

latinpride613 Member
    Bronze

Oh...and during the week there are times I can barely use it and on wifi it stays in the high 90's for 8 to 9 hours. If do use it it's for an hour on Netflix which brings it to mid to low 90's.

4. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I seem to be having wifi issues with mine it connects to my home wifi but it's always dropping like every time I use it I have my Ip6p and another mobile that uses the same wifi and they don't drop signal at all same when I use my laptop it's just the iPad intact my old iPad 2 doesn't drop wifi either I think I may make a Genius Bar appointment see what they say I have seen on the apple forums that some other people have had the same problem..

Sent using iCafe app

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You don't need to go to the Genius Bar. Here's the solution (workaround) while Apple is working on a fix. You just have to disable a couple features that aren't worth the WiFi problems they cause.
    https://medium.com/@mariociabarra/wifried-ios-8-wifi-performance-issues-3029a164ce94

6. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze