Battery life is garbage

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

nicks124

Jul 1, 2007
well my first time last night charging it and seing what kinda of life I could get out of this phone. I had no wifi on half of the day, and the other half with wifi on. The brightness is 1/3 of the way up. Dim compared to what the standard was. Usage 5 hours 3 minutes. Battery=dead. They better do something about this, I am not happy.

DHNF

Jul 1, 2007
well my first time last night charging it and seing what kinda of life I could get out of this phone. I had no wifi on half of the day, and the other half with wifi on. The brightness is 1/3 of the way up. Dim compared to what the standard was. Usage 5 hours 3 minutes. Battery=dead. They better do something about this, I am not happy.
Hmm.. I listened to mp3's all day yesterday and made tons of phone calls. Drained about half the battery.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Checking mine today I have 2 hours 12 minutes usage, and 11 hours 21 minutes standby.

My battery is 85%-90% right now.

SF_VR6

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
What is your longest recorded Usage and Standby time?

From a full charge without plugging back in, what is the longest "Usage" and "Standby" time do you get?

This is the figures you see under Settings/Usage

currently I have:

Usage: 3hrs 42min
Standby: 18hrs 48min

50% battery level remaining.

beley

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
I tried to drain my battery. I've been using this thing constantly. Email is set to check as often as possible, and I have 4 accounts setup. I play videos all the time (I ripped a 2-dvd set of Jack Johnson concerts and have watched them straight through) and have been listening to music and talking on the phone constantly.

I get up at 4:30 AM and unplug my phone and don't go to bed until about 10:30 at night and still usually have about 1/3 of a charge left.

I think the battery does pretty darned well considering the size and brightness of the screen. When WiFi is off and the screen is off, I bet you could get days of battery life.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
The first charge was short for me as well.

Recharge the iPhone using the wall wart (not USB via your pc). Turn off bluetooth and WiFi while recharging. Disconnect when you see the plug icon on the small battery indicator in the corner.

After that initial cycling, I'm seeing much improved performance.