Battery Life Issues after iOS 5 upgrade on a iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone 4' started by Richard_P_Harvey, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Richard_P_Harvey

Bronze

I have had my iPhone 4 now for over a year with zero issues until I recently upgraded to iOS 5. Now every now and then the phones battery will get sucked dry within 1-2 hours without notice. I have also noticed that when it's rapidly draining out the battery the phone is VERY hot to the touch. This would suggest that something is actively running and that is what kills the battery. I can't yet prove this but I'm suspecting the new notification system as the culprit as when this fast battery drain takes place I think I always have one or more notifications on my lock screen. Anyone else.....?

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Search the threads here and you will find a large number of posts on the battery issue.

3. Richard_P_Harvey

Bronze

I did but they all seem to focus on the 4S which is a widely known issue, I have not seen anyone with a 4 complaining about a battery issues after upgrading to iOS 5

4. Arazzon

Arazzon New Member

My iPhone 4 was fully charged at 7am this morning & by 9am it was at 54% & I hasn't used it & have location services turned off as well as notifications turned off & all apps closed, as in not open running in the background..... It's now just over a year old so my warranty's over & I'm stuffed!

5. Arazzon

Arazzon New Member

My iPad 2 is just as bad.