Battery life (My Story)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

KGMJr32

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
Boston, MA
I have had my iPhone since October. I am still version on 1.1.1 with all the tips and tricks to keep the battery usage down. It is not jail broken mainly due to the fact the work bought it and pays the bill and I need to be reachable 24/7. Up until Tuesday my battery would last 3-4 days, I would get down around 10-20% and I would recharge. I have also let the phone die once to give it a complete charge. Anyways, I went to charge the phone and it took quite some time to charge, which it finally did. When I woke up on Wednesday AM the battery was at half strength and by the end on the day at quarter strength. Of course now I am bent and because I do not use the phone to it’s fullest and along with all the horror battery stories I have been reading about I was sure I was going to the Apple store and/or contacting Apple directly. After scouring the Internet I found a thread with people having the same problem, so I tried their method:
  • Restart the phone
  • Reset the phone (Reset all settings)
  • Drain to dead or almost dead and recharge
I followed these steps yesterday and my phone has been on a full battery for almost 24 hours. Like I said earlier, I do not use the phone like a lot of you but this worked for me.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
I have had my iPhone since October. I am still version on 1.1.1 with all the tips and tricks to keep the battery usage down. It is not jail broken mainly due to the fact the work bought it and pays the bill and I need to be reachable 24/7. Up until Tuesday my battery would last 3-4 days, I would get down around 10-20% and I would recharge. I have also let the phone die once to give it a complete charge. Anyways, I went to charge the phone and it took quite some time to charge, which it finally did. When I woke up on Wednesday AM the battery was at half strength and by the end on the day at quarter strength. Of course now I am bent and because I do not use the phone to it’s fullest and along with all the horror battery stories I have been reading about I was sure I was going to the Apple store and/or contacting Apple directly. After scouring the Internet I found a thread with people having the same problem, so I tried their method:
  • Restart the phone
  • Reset the phone (Reset all settings)
  • Drain to dead or almost dead and recharge
I followed these steps yesterday and my phone has been on a full battery for almost 24 hours. Like I said earlier, I do not use the phone like a lot of you but this worked for me.
Upgrade to 1.1.2 - This is one of the many bugs that Apple has fixed in that update

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
I have heard good and bad about the update. How is your battery life?
I have no complaints at all. The 1.1.2 does run a bit quicker than 1.1.1 and many people are saying that they get a bit less life out of the battery but I don't think there's a vast amount of difference.

I'm doing a test on a 1.1.2 now to see if it matches Apple's "10 days on standby" claim. Only one day gone so far! This could take a while.
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/the-grand-ssh-battery-test.16452/

Last edited by a moderator:

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I have heard good and bad about the update. How is your battery life?
My maximum battery life has always been about the same as yours (3 - 3.5 days). IF I really surf a lot, then it needs charging after two days. I'm running 1.1.2 but haven't really noticed any difference in battery life.

vert

Dec 15, 2007
My maximum battery life has always been about the same as yours (3 - 3.5 days). IF I really surf a lot, then it needs charging after two days. I'm running 1.1.2 but haven't really noticed any difference in battery life.
how do you get 2 days of battery with a lot of surfing? i have my wifi off, as well as a lot of other energy wasting settings off, and the most i can get is about 6 hours, from 8 o clock in the morning to about 2 o lock in the day, im of course using it to surf and play games.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Well I guess I should have said that when I get 3-3.5 days, I don't do any surfing. When I use youtube or safari some I only get about two days. I've never surfed safari for 8 hours straight.

vert

Dec 15, 2007
Well I guess I should have said that when I get 3-3.5 days, I don't do any surfing. When I use youtube or safari some I only get about two days. I've never surfed safari for 8 hours straight.
o i see, i havnt either, i was playing games as well as some other things, it was my last day of school, so figures.