Battery life on 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Anthony Melson, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Anthony Melson

Anthony Melson New Member

Found turning off wifi stopped battery drain

Antknee

2. DarylBnet67

DarylBnet67 New Member

Correct from what I have seen on my New 4s, never connecting to a wifi, allows my battery to stay good all day...
    Seems like when I had hotspots setup, the phone was always searching for the strongest spot...
    I don't know for sure that was draining the battery life, but dealing with the data drain on 3g is better than having the phone handicapped to the charger... D...:)

3. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Battery life is better when using wifi vs. 3G.
    If your phone is constantly searching for new wifi networks that will cause battery drain but when it comes to using 3G it will drain your battery quicker than wifi.

4. DarylBnet67

DarylBnet67 New Member

Thanks for the info, will test it on Hotspot mode again, and see if the drain come back...
    Newbie on this iPhone, still soaking up any tips... D...:)

5. iksn

iksn Member
    Silver

Using wi-fi is fine and isn't a drain on the battery in itself, the drain comes when your phone is constantly looking for a signal when you're moving around and not hooked into a particular signal. I turn my wi-fi off when I leave my house and turn it back on as soon as I get home. I'm always on wi-fi at home but my phone isn't searching for every signal while i'm out and about. You can always turn it back on if you are somewhere else that has a good open signal if you want.