iPhone 5 Battery life on the iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by liberated, Sep 22, 2012.

1. liberated

liberated Evangelist

I have to say, coming from a 4S, the battery life on this new 5 is amazing! Anyone with a more scientific result ? How's your 5's battery?
  2. prott1

prott1 Member

Outstanding... Better than the 4S
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist

Yes the battery life surely beats my 4s.
  5. imutter

imutter Genius

I wish I could say that

Attached Files:

6. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius

7. imutter

imutter Genius

First cycle through

Attached Files:

8. altjx

altjx Member

Wow. 5% and only a little over 3 hours? that's crazy as hell!!! And a little scary actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius

imutter something seems wrong on your battery usage. I agree with altjx that it's a little scary.

Compare with mine:

photo.PNG

UPDATE: Maybe your phone is wasting power trying to get a good LTE signal, since you did mention your LTE connection wasn't the best? Try setting your LTE to off?
  10. altjx

altjx Member

Now that's more like it. I hope the other guy's battery shows this way too sooner than later. Last thing I need right now is to hear iPhone 5's battery sucks lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. imutter

imutter Genius

Rafagon I tweaked my settings too ?? Should I go to the Apple store ? I got to go to AT&T anyway my other phone are missing hot spots ?
    I am not happy I had nothing but headache with my phone
    I was so excited!
    My 4s was running better on iOS6 and better in general
    AT&T stinks too
  12. imutter

imutter Genius

Rafagon I am on wifi at home so no LTE here anyway
  13. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius

Same here, I'm on Wi-Fi 98% of the time, but the phone will still try to acquire and keep a cellular signal even when you're on Wi-Fi, for things like phone calls and data that cannot go through Wi-Fi, like MMS messages to people who don't have iMessage. I set my "Enable LTE" to off since I'm almost always on Wi-Fi. Plus my LTE speeds were rather disappointing--I'll probably do better on HSPA+ whenever I do need to transfer data over cellular.

And yes, if your battery life does not improve, I would definitely take it to an Apple store!
  14. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius

I had a battery problem like that with my iPhone 4 and I took it to the Apple store and they replaced it on the spot. Try that.
  15. Kriss

Kriss Contributor

If I don't have LTE in my area, is it that much better to turn the LTE radio off to save the battery?
  16. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius

It would help, yes.
  17. Kriss

Kriss Contributor

Thanks so much Hondamaker. Might as well do it then :)
  18. imutter

imutter Genius

going tomorrow
  19. Cloverfield

Cloverfield Member

Does charging from 0% to 100% take around 2 hours like the iPhone 4?
  20. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius

Now I have battery usage statistics that simply say "-".

I've never seen this before. They were being displayed just fine before!

Attached Files:

21. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist

^ mine was like that you need to fully charge to 100 Percent and then not turn off the phone. When mine was done at 100% I did a soft reset then it looked like yours so u fully charged it again to 100% then didn't disconnect it right away and seems to be working now
    • Funny Funny x 1