Battery life on the iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Prozium12, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

Wow I'm well pleased with the battery life I've got up till now I'm still on 48% and I charged it to around 90% on launch day (couldn't wait any longer) and I've been heavy user..

2. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

Can you please elaborate what exactly does heavy user mean ? I mean What apps or games have you been playing and its duration and are you connected continously on wifi or LTE or celular data and how much is your brightness ?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

-- iphone5, iphone4 and ipad2-wifi+3G

#2 rugved1118, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  3. Ddrumbum

Ddrumbum Member
    Bronze

I haven't put this down since I got it yesterday, and the battery life is fantastic, I finally hooked it up to charge last night around midnight and it still had 13% left. So from 8:50am til midnight of continuous use, watching movies, playing games, wifi on and Bluetooth and just playing around with the phone, that pretty darn good to me!

4. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Battery on my 6 is great!

5. iksn

iksn Member
    Silver

The battery on my 6 Plus is amazing. The biggest jump in performance I've had with any new hardware or software period.

6. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Not impressed at all. 100% at 7:30 this morning. 7% by 1pm. Worse than my 5S by far.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Can you tell us what exactly you're doing on the phone because my battery on the iPhone six is amazing.

8. Mrmargatini

Mrmargatini Contributor
    Bronze

I also tend to go through my battery quick I'm one that never turns the bright down on my phone I hate doing that is that you as well? I still don't have my 6

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Do you have auto brightness on?

10. |3are

|3are Member
    Silver

I've read that restoring from a backup rather than just setting it up as a new phone can cause battery issues.

I'm fairly pleased. The initial act of restoring from a backup actually drained a lot of battery. I got it down to 8% then charged it back up overnight. So far today: 2 hours 13 minutes of usage, 6 hours 21 minutes standby, 91% left.

I think it would be helpful if the battery usage showed you which apps were draining batter since the last charge rather than just in the last 24 hours.

11. iksn

iksn Member
    Silver

I'm surprised at the different responses. I know I wouldn't be happy if I had issues, glad I don't.

12. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Restoring and setting up as new now. I'll report back.

13. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Did you go into battery usage to see what app(s) were eating up your battery?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411239090.736836.jpg

14. aknightstale41

Gold

Heres a good tip: you shouldn't follow the method of a full charge and a full discharge. Avoid letting the phone run all the way down. lithium based batteries are designed to be charged early and often, and letting them get too low can damage the battery. doing shallow discharges and frequent charging prolongs battery life.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. ashanes00

ashanes00 Member
    Bronze

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1411282441.177023.jpg

My first full day using the 6+. Battery is amazing!! Best phone batter I've had ever

16. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I wholeheartedly agree with this. My pattern is to allow my phone to drain until about < 50% and then I charge it up to 100%. I got about 16 hours of standby time and 12 hours of usage on my 6. I personally don't recommend a full discharge but a partial discharge.

17. rollinfromhell

Gold

WOW! That is amazing. That's nearing iPad mini retina status haha. I hope the 6 is decent, and hopefully I can trade mine in when I get it tomorrow for the Plus (when AT&T gets some in)

18. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

Wow I'm only getting about 6hrs out of my 6.

19. rollinfromhell

Gold

That's better than 5 on the 5s! :) Turn down your brightness a little, and try turning gps off at times you're not using it.

20. CASEACE79

CASEACE79 Contributor
    Bronze

I was hoping for 8+ as I use GPS for work every day. Looks like I'll be buying a plus off contract when they're available and selling the 6 to recoup most of the cost.