battery life post modding

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jonpno

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
i have seen a few posts about people complaining about the battery life after they modded there iPhone. what are your experiences with the battery before and after the mods occurs. mods like summerboard ibrate etc thanks

iphonecrazyy

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
I noticed a very big difference after modding my iPhone the first time compared to it modded now.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what caused it, but the first time I modded it I used the original/manual method and my battery would drain really fast, I also had the 1.0.1 firmaware, and I also had ssh.

This time I used ibricker to mod it, I have the 1.0.2 and I did not install ssh.

The battery time is at least 5 times better.

Maybe someone has some further insight on this

Nikos

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Long Island, NY
www.nikostoscani.com
I noticed a very big difference after modding my iPhone the first time compared to it modded now.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what caused it, but the first time I modded it I used the original/manual method and my battery would drain really fast, I also had the 1.0.1 firmaware, and I also had ssh.

This time I used ibricker to mod it, I have the 1.0.2 and I did not install ssh.

Interesting. I just uninstalled SSH, we'll see what happens. Thanks for the tip!

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007

Always close your session when you're done using SSH and your phone won't drain your battery waiting for a response. Learned that the hard way, drained my phone from full to 1/4 in about 30-45 minutes.

iphonecrazyy

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
So ssh is the killer, makes sense. I don't need it anyways, so I'm just not going to install it this time. Anyways thanks for verifying