Battery Life Problems Does Your Glow?

Does Your Battery "GLOW" when fully charged?

• Yes, I see it clearly

Votes: 29 38.7%
  • No, It's never glowed even when fully charged (showing plug icon in mini battery)

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I'm really not sure... will check and report back!

Votes: 19 25.3%

• Total voters

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
There's an article going around about battery life...

Widespread Battery Problems?

... the interesting thing is, I'm not sure if I've ever seen that same glow when my battery is charged and still on the charger... Look at the iPhone all the way on the right...

I do get great battery life, when I charge I DO see the plug icon in the little battery, but I'm not sure about the "glow"... I'm charging now to see if I ever get to the "glow" state...

Does YOURS glow when it's fully charged, while it's still on the charger?

Last edited by a moderator:

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I've never noticed if it glows or not just that the bar is full. My battery gets excellent life though, much better than my Q and on par with my Treo 755p although my iPhone gets much more use as I'm constantly playing with it.

I have noticed under "usage" in settings it gives you the total amount of time (usage + standby) since your last full charge, so you can add those totals up to see if you got a full charge or not the last time you charged it i suppose.

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
My iPhone is fully charged now. It's NOT glowing. Does that mean something is wrong?

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
My iPhone is fully charged now. It's NOT glowing. Does that mean something is wrong?
Apparently, it's SUPPOSED to glow when it's fully charged and on the dock/AC charger.

Look at THIS article.

Whether it's a hardware bug or a software bug, no one seems to know. I'm not sure mine has ever glowed either, but I'm getting very good battery life.

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
My battery life doesn't seem too geat. I find it hard to get through the day withough draining it completely. Maybe I'll take mine back to Apple and ask for a new one.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
I think this is a load of BS.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
mines is full now and i think i see it glowing lol...

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Mine doesn't glow and it gets great battery life

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Just to be clear to everyone...

Does it glow when you have it on the charger and it reaches the fully charged state?

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Looks like a serious problem to me. Why do you think it's BS?
To me it just looks like the brightness level is different on all 3 of them. Just look at the gradient where the time and unlock slider are. They are clearly different on all 3. Plus the camera isn't perpendicular to the phone.. its tilted a little bit and that can also throw off the coloring.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
If you look at it, the wording on the top of the screen is also brighter.
I'm sure the 2 on the left just have a higher brightness setting, or something.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
To me it just looks like the brightness level is different on all 3 of them. Just look at the gradient where the time and unlock slider are. They are clearly different on all 3. Plus the camera isn't perpendicular to the phone.. its tilted a little bit and that can also throw off the coloring.
Go to the article itself and look at the closeup of the three batteries. I think it shows more than just a brightness level difference. You can also see a sliver at the top end of the battery that's not completely filled in.

Test it yourself if you think it's BS... fully charge your battery and turn brightness up. Does it look like the picture?

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Thats what it looks like to me too
Closeup of batteries from the article

Looks like more than just a brightness issue. But test it yourself.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Go to the article itself and look at the closeup of the three batteries. I think it shows more than just a brightness level difference. You can also see a sliver at the top end of the battery that's not completely filled in.

Test it yourself if you think it's BS... fully charge your battery and turn brightness up. Does it look like the picture?
I'm sitting here with my fully charged iPhone with the plug icon. My battery glows a little bit but not as much as those pics.. the pics are blurry too.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I'm sitting here with my fully charged iPhone with the plug icon. My battery glows a little bit but not as much as those pics.. the pics are blurry too.
Is it filled in all the way, like the closeups I posted above?

I'm not trying to say there IS definitely a problem... but it's good to know what it is supposed to look like when it's REALLY fully charged.

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Ok the more I look at my phone the more it looks like the battery on the right. I can see a real faint rounded rectangle where the edge of the glowing stops. I have to tilt my phone a little to see it though.

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
I just tested it. I tried it at 20% and 100%....the battery still looked the same.