Battery Life Problems Does Your Glow?

Does Your Battery "GLOW" when fully charged?

• Yes, I see it clearly

Votes: 29 38.7%
  • No, It's never glowed even when fully charged (showing plug icon in mini battery)

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I'm really not sure... will check and report back!

Votes: 19 25.3%

• Total voters

KorbinBoh

Jul 10, 2007
Possible explanation

I found something very interesting related to this topic of the battery meter showing fully charged. I usually charge my iPhone using the power supply attachment provided in the box every night. When I do this it never fully charges and never resets the usage properties. I will wake up every morning after it has been charging for 8+ hours to see that there is still a sliver of space from being fully charged.

However, when I plug it into the computer to charge through the USB (iTunes running in background) it will charge to 100% and reset the usage properties. I have done this two days in a row now with the exact same result.

Can anyone else confirm that this happens at their end. It may be an issue with the power supply attachment and the iPhone that doesn't complete the charging cycle.

Jul 7, 2007
My wall charger gets it to 100% every night, you seem to be having the opposite problem that many others have :/.

Austin

Jul 2, 2007
Just to be clear to everyone...

Does it glow when you have it on the charger and it reaches the fully charged state?
Mine glows when fully charged & on the charger.

And I have awesome battery life - more than 6 hours of continuous wifi/email/web browsing.

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
My iPhone is fully charged now. It's NOT glowing. Does that mean something is wrong?
yes it should glow big time, i will have my change tomorrow, already made the call and they said to take them to a store to have that resolve/exchange.

Am getting a new iPhone :laugh2: :laugh2:

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
i took my iPhone back to the Apple store for an exchange because of my low usage times(2 hours 53 min use 5 hours 14 min standby) before i hit the 20% meter.

my phone would never fully charge there would be that thin strip of silver and it wouldn't be "glowing" well my new phone this morning was fully charged and glowing . the setttings were the same on both phones so i can only believe its true. plus im getting awesome battery life so far with this new iPhone.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
i took my iPhone back to the Apple store for an exchange because of my low usage times(2 hours 53 min use 5 hours 14 min standby) before i hit the 20% meter.

my phone would never fully charge there would be that thin strip of silver and it wouldn't be "glowing" well my new phone this morning was fully charged and glowing . the setttings were the same on both phones so i can only believe its true. plus im getting awesome battery life so far with this new iPhone.
hey Mark.. can you post pictures of your battery glowing.. does it look like the one I posted in here?

Survivor61

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Mine don't glow, but little fireworks come out of the image when its fully charged :p

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
hey Mark.. can you post pictures of your battery glowing.. does it look like the one I posted in here?
in fact it looks exactly like that . ill post a pic in the morning when i take it off the charger.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
i know for a fact im getting better battery life. last night when my phone displayed the 20% pop up i was at 3 hours 15min usage 5 hours 36 min standby. right now after i exchanged my phone the battery is at 80% and im at 2 hours 8min usage 4 hours 15 min standby. its obvious i had a battery problem , glad i exchanged.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I found something very interesting related to this topic of the battery meter showing fully charged. I usually charge my iPhone using the power supply attachment provided in the box every night. When I do this it never fully charges and never resets the usage properties. I will wake up every morning after it has been charging for 8+ hours to see that there is still a sliver of space from being fully charged.

However, when I plug it into the computer to charge through the USB (iTunes running in background) it will charge to 100% and reset the usage properties. I have done this two days in a row now with the exact same result.

Can anyone else confirm that this happens at their end. It may be an issue with the power supply attachment and the iPhone that doesn't complete the charging cycle.
I've tried charging both ways... it doesn't seem to matter with me... I never get that last sliver to fill and the battery never glows.

But I do get good battery life, so who the heck knows at this point! LOL I've been text messaging like a wild banshee all day, doing some e-mails, browsed the net a bit, and I'm still at a 40% charge (I took it off the charger last night around 8pm).

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
ok 5 hours 8 min usage
9 hours 1 min standby . this is on the first charge cycle so i am going to let it die tonite completely and charge overnight. much better than my old iPhone im glad i exchanged it.

kghoops

Jun 19, 2007
I've had no issues with my battery life. After reading this thread I went home and charged my iPhone. I could not get the battery icon to change to a "plug" until I used the DC adapter instead of the dock.

I did not notice any change in the brightness of the green battery indicator when the "plug" icon showed up. It also still looks like it has a small amount left to fill at the end of the green indicator. I think a percentage amount would go great on top of the green battery indicator. This might clear up some of the confusion!

mdixon1988

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
springfield, missouri
OK, I plugged mine into the computer and charged it, the usage stats reset to 0 and i have the little plug but it isn't glowing like the pictures i have seen in this thread, should i be worried? Take iPhone to Idoctor?

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Mine doesn't glow, but I get awesome battery life.

:cool:

miamibusta69

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
mine always glows even if it not full....

right now i have 70-80% 3 hr use 14.5 hr standby.

does it say percentage anywhere or are u guys just guessing?

Austin

Jul 2, 2007
Here are four pics of my battery - first two while charging, second two after fully charged - and it switched from lightning bolt to plug.

Last edited by a moderator: