Battery Life Seems to be Improving!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I don't know whether I'm not playing with it as much or what, but my battery life seems to be improving. Instead of the previously normal range of two days, my battery life has improved to three days the last two times I've charged it. One extra day might not seem like much, but that's still a 33% increase in my book.;)

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Same here. not really sure why though?
This is actually a known characteristic of lithium based batteries. You do NOT need to fully cycle lithium batteries to avoid the memory effect like you did in the old days of nickel based batteries. But it is fairly common to see improvement in lithium battery performance after the battery gets "broken in" a little. Many of us Blackjack users were horrified at our battery life when we first started using our devices...but peroformance quickly improved after a few days/weeks of normal use.

funkeruski

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
How long have you had your phones? I've had mine two weeks and it needs to be charged daily. Anyone know if the email auto check feature consumes a lot of battery?

brinky

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
How long have you had your phones? I've had mine two weeks and it needs to be charged daily. Anyone know if the email auto check feature consumes a lot of battery?
I think the auto check feature eats battery life. when i first got my iPhone, I was checking every 15, then 30 then 60 minutes and it didn't seem to make much of a difference. Since then I have switched to only using Yahoo Push and my battery life seems to be lasting much longer.

I also noticed under Settings -> Usage that the Usage and Standby times were fairly close to the same when using auto check. Now with just the push they seem to be growing farther apart, which would give me better battery life.