iPhone 5 Battery Life so far?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by jnic429, Sep 21, 2012.

1. jnic429

jnic429 Member

I had 97% after sync. Played with everything on it for like 3-4 hours and battery went down to 24%. That seems a little fast don't you think? I've since charged it again to 100%. Been on it 20 mins and battery now at 97%. Problem?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
  2. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor

It will get way better after a few charges. Batteries right out of the box won't give a good indication.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius

Mine has been good so far, but I know it'll get better after few charges.

Attached Files:

5. imutter

imutter Genius

Mine is awesome best ever

Attached Files:

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius

You're joking right?
  7. imutter

imutter Genius

Bennyboy yes :(
    I have the same settings then my iP4s
    I have tons of issues with that phone (I m a bid dissapointed my iP4s had no issues worked flawless)
    I may have to take it in ?
  8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius

Well that's definitely not good at all. Play around with settings a bit. Turn LTE off if you don't use it. Check your notifications and let the battery all the way down and charge it overnight without using the phone. The usual stuff.
  9. imutter

imutter Genius

I already went through the charge cycle and reset deal
    Rechecked all settings
    LTE should not matter I use WIFI at home
    I am going through my 2nd cycle
  10. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius

Speaking of battery life, where did location services go? I can't find it on settings.
  11. imutter

imutter Genius

• Like Like x 1
  12. lowram00

lowram00 Member

Here my battery after the first charge last night wifi been on and stream radio few times out the day and texts surf the net Facebook watched 8-10 videos

Attached Files:

13. Saverino

Saverino Zealot

The first day (yesterday), it was absolutely awful. I had to bring my charger with me everywhere. Today was much dramatically better, but still not up to par as my previous 4. I'm hoping a few more charge cycles later it'll be better.
  14. psylichon

psylichon Moderator

Mine seems great. No scientific testing yet, but it seems on par with my 4 or better so far.
  15. imutter

imutter Genius

Working on improvement

Attached Files:

16. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Zealot

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you don't turn off LTE, shouldn't your phone continue to search for the cell network in anticipation of your need to make and/or receive a regular phone call? Just askin'.
    YMMV
  17. jnic429

jnic429 Member

Should I trade in for a new one?

ImageUploadedByiCafe1348429895.382316.jpg

18. imutter

imutter Genius

I actually do not know ? But I never switched on or off going from and to home
    That seems silly to me
    Any
  19. jnic429

jnic429 Member

Also, I've noticed the phone is automatically changing my brightness setting to either full power or all the way down. iPhone 4 never did that. Something is pulling power from it in standby too. Even after I've closed the apps I was using is it location services?

20. one_crazy_dude

one_crazy_dude Contributor

I don't know bout LTE but I noticed on other iPhones I had that mail kills battery fast. In settings>mail I turn all mail accounts that have push to off. Push uses a lot of battery. Then while in settings in fetch new data> advanced I select any mail that says push to fetch. This has helped many friends/family in the past with battery life so it's the first thing I did setting up my 5.
    Hope this helps
  21. Yeah could be a faulty phone. I remember posting a thread where my phone lasted 4 and a half -5 hours o fa little bit of everything people said it seemed fair. However, I restored it, and it still had the same issues with no apps and everything possible to conserve battery turned off. got the 5, it lasted 4 and a half hours tops the first day. I let it deplete all the way, and it lasted me 6 hours and 32 minutes on 1 percent. Not bad, compared to my 4S. Too bad my phone has a ding right out of the box, or and I may get a different phone.