Battery meter? How to tell how much is left

BLIK

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
I can't find it in settings or anywhere.......

Is there a place to look to tell me the percent left on ym Battery?

I have 16G 3G

Thanks

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
No. It's guesswork until you get to 20% and 10%. At these two levels you receive warnings. Besides that there isn't an app or function yet.

nbdiver

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
I have been looking as well? No luck so far...I am a newbie though so no surprise I can't find it.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
There are ways to extend battery life and i have to say, they do work. I cant remember the entire list but i do know that when just listening to music, turn off EQ, and sound check. When your at home turn off 3g and use wifi, when away from home turn off wifi, turn on 3g. Also if your like me and don't check your email everyday i turned off email push.

Its the little things that help but the phone will warn you at 20% and 10% battery life.

There was a link somewhere, i followed it and ive been able to get 2days of use from my iPhone with 4hours of music, moderate texting, minimal calling and minimal/no safari use. I didn't charge it until it absolutely died b/c Apple says every month its good to let the phone die all the way down from a full charge. this recharges the battery cells fully. I only charge my phone at night, i don't do like many others who charge the phone even when its still green or yellow battery life.

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
i do know that when just listening to music, turn off EQ
Are you kidding me? It sounds like ass without an EQ o.O I haven't noticed my battery life depleting too terribly by just listening to the iPod feature with an EQ on and the phone otherwise on Standby.

EDIT: Also, what does Sound Check do? I've never really noticed it before :D

Consider this thread officially hijacked.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Are you kidding me? It sounds like ass without an EQ o.O I haven't noticed my battery life depleting too terribly by just listening to the iPod feature with an EQ on and the phone otherwise on Standby.

It dosent sound that bad w/o an EQ on. Normally im in class when listening so i only have one earphone on so i can hear my music but still hear the teacher or w/e.

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
Sound check's purpose is just regulating all the songs so that they have the same volume. Its just so you wont go from one song that is blaring to the next song being really quiet, it just equals all of the volume levels out. In my experience it works so-so, sometimes it just makes all of your songs quiet or all of your songs loud, but once you get it set just right it works decent.

BLIK

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
I know about the battery saving things

I was just wondering about an app or something in settings that tells me percentage left on Battery before I get to 20 %

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I know about the battery saving things

I was just wondering about an app or something in settings that tells me percentage left on Battery before I get to 20 %
As was stated above, there is no app or indicator to show the % of battery left. Something might show up in the App Store in the future. In the mean time it is visual.

rmfnla

Bronze

Consider this thread officially hijacked.

It sounds like ass? Are you kidding me?!