battery not charging

eusebe

Oct 19, 2007
Problem...my battery will not charge. After installing installer on my iPhone i changed a few things on it and battery won't charge and also iTunes wont recognize my phone. I uninstalled everything from it so they can exchange it for a new one and made it look just like when i bought it with a one exception and now i have to install installer again. But how do i do that when iTunes won't recognize it? Can anyone help?

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Check your cable/dock connector

I've been having a issue with mine where some sync cables work and others don't. All the cables are good with the iPod's I have but those I have issues with are OK with a friends iPhone. What is more frustrating is sometimes its OK and other times not (seems to depend on exact way I plug the cable in). This same cable works OK with my iPod's. I am coming to the conclusion the issue is the socket on the iPhone - thank heavens my classic iPod work everytime with the iPhone. I think the reason for the iPod cables always working is that they have positive locking mechnism where as iPhone one does not

patrick_83

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Illinois
Problem...my battery will not charge. After installing installer on my iPhone i changed a few things on it and battery won't charge and also iTunes wont recognize my phone. I uninstalled everything from it so they can exchange it for a new one and made it look just like when i bought it with a one exception and now i have to install installer again. But how do i do that when iTunes won't recognize it? Can anyone help?
Did you have to copy something from the iTunes folder for the jailbreak, cause i did something similar to where it wasn't seeing the phone.

Also what did you install with installer, like if you changed the look of the battery with customize the batery image might not be working, just a thought.

iTunesMobileDevice.dll << thats what you need for iTunes to see the phone i think.