Battery Problem I didn't even know I had

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

haulboss

Jul 1, 2007
Just to let you know I'm a PC guy ( please don't through rocks ). I went to the Apple store just to ask a few question about the iPhone and when I took it out of my pocket there was NO charge. The woman I spoke with asked me when was the last time I took it off the dock I told her about 6 hours ago, then she ask a few more question about use. Then she pulls out a new one and said mine was broke and switched out the sim cards and that was it.

To make a long story longer I was very pleased with the way the people in the store helped me out. I wish all the people I deal with on a day to day basis were as plesent.

On a side note, does anyone know a easy to use video file converter to the iPhone file format? Remember I'm the PC guy :laugh2:. I'm talking AVI files to convert to iPhone format. BTW what is the format that the iPhone uses?

Peace

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
Yeah, Apple's employees are very easy to deal with.

As for your question, Videora is what I'm using right now. There's plenty of these topics in the PC & iPhone folder. Anyways, so far so good. This link should help you with everything.

http://techlogg.com/content/view/188/1/

If you have problems with green lines on the right side of videos after you sync them to your iPhone, try putting them in the H.624 file format. That worked for me, some will work in MPEG-4 and some will not.

Hope this helps.

haulboss

Jul 1, 2007
Thanks bro for the help :laugh2:

Yeah, Apple's employees are very easy to deal with.

As for your question, Videora is what I'm using right now. There's plenty of these topics in the PC & iPhone folder. Anyways, so far so good. This link should help you with everything.

http://techlogg.com/content/view/188/1/

If you have problems with green lines on the right side of videos after you sync them to your iPhone, try putting them in the H.624 file format. That worked for me, some will work in MPEG-4 and some will not.

Hope this helps.

haulboss

Jul 1, 2007
Update

I tried the program that was recommended and for some reason it didn't work?...No big deal...Does any else have a suggestion on another program for converting video filles to iPhone format?

Thanks for the help guys :)

iphonechik

Jul 4, 2007
DVD to iPhone Converter

I tried the program that was recommended and for some reason it didn't work?...No big deal...Does any else have a suggestion on another program for converting video filles to iPhone format?

Thanks for the help guys :)

It's NOT free... only a 5 min trial.... but it's worth the money!

www.imtoo.com

$35 for Mac
$29 for PC

It converts ANY DVD movie to the iPhone. It doesn't matter if it's from your home DVD collection, a buddies movie you borrowed, weather you purchased, rented, Downloaded or bought a "bootleg" copy...it's in your iPhone! I went half and half with my brother, so for $17.50 (a price of a decent used DVD movie).. I get all the movies of my choice in my phone!

My current playlist:

Transformers (yes the newly released still in the theater one)
Live Free or Die Hard (yes also the new one)
Night at the Museum
Butterfly Effect (Oldie but Goodie fav)

Happy watching!

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
Update

Maybe SUPER will work on your PC. I used it for my Blackberry Pearl, but haven't tried it with my iPhone since Videora is working for me right now.

http://www.erightsoft.com/super

download it there (it's free) and give that a try. Make sure it converts to H.624 or MPEG-4 formats. I believe it does.

EDIT: just checked their site and it should work for converting movies to yourr iPhone)

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
To OP who got a new iPhone. What happened with your contacts? I don't want to manually reenter them. They are not saved on my computer I put them all in by hand.

haulboss

Jul 1, 2007
Update again

I conveted an avi file to the mp4 format...Silly question...What file or place do I put the file now. I've tried importing it, no good, and I've tried putting it in both the podcast and tv show folders and when I sync it I get nothing...

Thanks agian from a lost PC user :oops:

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
I conveted an avi file to the mp4 format...Silly question...What file or place do I put the file now. I've tried importing it, no good, and I've tried putting it in both the podcast and tv show folders and when I sync it I get nothing...

Thanks agian from a lost PC user :oops:
Did you try Movies? All my stuff goes in Movies.

haulboss

Jul 1, 2007
I looked for a movies folder and I didn't have one?...I thought this was strange also...BTW...I'm still digging the iPhone I'm just trying to get the most out of it

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
Aight. Do you know why Videora wasn't working on your PC? I have Windows Vista and it works fine for me. But, SUPER will work too, and its free also.

From my experiences, you can only put your videos in your Movies folder in iTunes unless you purchased it through iTunes, in which cases iTunes will place them in their respected folders. I've already tried putting my custom videos in folders other than movies and it didn't work.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you have to put all your videos in your Movies folder.

Anyways, let me know how it works out for ya, I'll try to help you through it the best I can.

haulboss

Jul 1, 2007
Was have lift off...It's was simple, I bought a short film from iTunes ( lifted by pixar, good short ) and let the system build the fold itself and then added the movies I wanted.

Thanks for the help guy ;)

insocal

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Video has to be converted?

I was under the impression that I could buy a movie or TV Show from iTunes and it would automatically work on my iPhone... Is this not the case?

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
Yeah, if you buy it through iTunes it should work, although I've never purchased a movie or tv show through iTunes myself. I'm about 99% sure it will work. I think anything purchased through iTunes will be able to go directly to your iPhone and work with no problem.

We were talking about how to transfer movies or videos downloaded either through a P2P program or off a website and converting them to the file type needed to work on the iPhone.

I'm in the middle of converting my DVD's into the right formats. It's really cool, now I don't have to buy movies I already paid for.

insocal

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Yeah, if you buy it through iTunes it should work, although I've never purchased a movie or tv show through iTunes myself. I'm about 99% sure it will work. I think anything purchased through iTunes will be able to go directly to your iPhone and work with no problem.

We were talking about how to transfer movies or videos downloaded either through a P2P program or off a website and converting them to the file type needed to work on the iPhone.

I'm in the middle of converting my DVD's into the right formats. It's really cool, now I don't have to buy movies I already paid for.

Oh, very cool. Thanks for the info!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
To OP who got a new iPhone. What happened with your contacts? I don't want to manually reenter them. They are not saved on my computer I put them all in by hand.
Well no wonder your contacts won't sync. You don't even have a contact file started on Outlook. Why didn't you just enter them in OUtlook and then sync them to your phone?