Battery problem since adding AppTapp

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

J-Man

Jul 19, 2007
Boston, MA
Over the weekend I added AppTapp to my phone. I have downloaded, Summerboard, Apollo and it's appropriate other download, and rSBT. I am at work and Apollo is running through my wifi. Over the morning hours my phone has been getting warm and by noon the battery was dead. without any mods I could go for 2 days without recharge. Any ideas?

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
This was my experience as I had the same problem. I restored my iPhone and then contacted Apple and I sent it back in and they sent it back to me repaired. I did the modding with the AppTapp and had problems from Summerboard and others. Personally I will not mod my iPhone again. That was a close call. I will wait for Apple to bring out the updates which I believe there will be an update this week, :sick:

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Let me add this, If I were you I would do the restore on the iPhone and not modd the phone. Lets see what Apple is going to do.. :cool:

Sep 15, 2007
Over the weekend I added AppTapp to my phone. I have downloaded, Summerboard, Apollo and it's appropriate other download, and rSBT. I am at work and Apollo is running through my wifi. Over the morning hours my phone has been getting warm and by noon the battery was dead. without any mods I could go for 2 days without recharge. Any ideas?

running apollo is a battery killer period.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
If OpenSSH happens to be your problem...

I would advise installing UICtl (it's in installer). BE CAREFUL WITH THIS PROGRAM, but it's convenient.

If you have openssh running (scroll down the list until you find it), click it and hit "unload -w". You can do this with other things, like Ants, or Dock. When you need openssh again use "load -w".

Leave anything with the com.apple prefix alone...

J-Man

Jul 19, 2007
Boston, MA
I took the same advise from jbarrack. Found out that Apollo didn't load the ssh program so it wasn't running on my phone. So I just uninstalled Apollo and things seem to be back to normal. I will probably try MobileChat and see how that runs as far as battery usage is concerned. Thanks again for everyone's ideas.
J

Oct 1, 2007
this is what i had to do...

I was trying all the stuff you guys said to do. the "ssh" wasn't in my UI so i uninstalled apollo and my battery still wouldn't hold the cool charge like it did out of the box. I then uninstalled summerboard and restarted my iPhone and it works fine now. my battery is charging up fast now. if you guys are still having the same problem uninstall summerboard it is 3rd party software and that isn't a great thing wait for Apple to update and bring out cool software.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
If OpenSSH happens to be your problem...

I would advise installing UICtl (it's in installer). BE CAREFUL WITH THIS PROGRAM, but it's convenient.

If you have openssh running (scroll down the list until you find it), click it and hit "unload -w". You can do this with other things, like Ants, or Dock. When you need openssh again use "load -w".

Leave anything with the com.apple prefix alone...
The only relevant answer in this thread.

If you can't follow the post I've quoted, I do not recommend you keep your iPhone modded, for your own sake.

Oct 1, 2007
my iPhone battery lives!

after removing apollo my battery still didn't hold a charge. don't go back to Apple that is to rash of a problem solver. i removed the summerboard and the battery is just like it was out of the box. shitty 3rd party software is to blaim not Apple.

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
after removing apollo my battery still didn't hold a charge. don't go back to Apple that is to rash of a problem solver. i removed the summerboard and the battery is just like it was out of the box. shitty 3rd party software is to blaim not Apple.
Sorry to tell you this, but if summerboard was the cause of your poor battery then we're all sort of happy you're no longer part of the user base... :laugh2:

Just because B = poor battery life, occurs at the same time as A = summerboard doesn't mean A caused B. There's a couple of explanations such as PXL daemon and SSH daemon that might explain it. Could have just turned these off using a handy app called UICtl.

But you know, whatever. Enjoy 1.1.1.

Oct 1, 2007
well nice try but no.

No openssh wasn't even installed nice try. summerboard was the reason, give me an app. that doesn't kill my battery, i am very happy that the crap is out of my phone.