Battery problems after upgrade

Geeky Don

Jul 2, 2007
My pure vanilla (locked) iPhone gave me a low battery alert before noon today. It was running hot all morning. That's a brand new "feature" and it only occurred after upgrading yesterday.

Anyone else seeing this?:(

Jan 11, 2007
Cary, NC
On the other hand, I was thinking my iPhone was doing better on the battery since I did the upgrade yesterday. But it does seem to be warmer to the touch than it had to be.

Prelector

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
My pure vanilla (locked) iPhone gave me a low battery alert before noon today. It was running hot all morning. That's a brand new "feature" and it only occurred after upgrading yesterday.

This MIGHT (and it's only a guess on my part, based on some early observations) be related to the reduced cell reception some of us have noticed. If the signal is reduced, then that phone could be "trying harder" to maintain that link, especially if you're in a spotty area to begin with. This would match the increased temp, and shorter battery life.

Once again, I stress, this is a POSSIBLE GUESS on my part, not fact, not even hypothesis yet. We'll need to gather more data to be sure.

AngelJO008

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007

Mine did the exact same thing after the last upgrade as though something was constantly running in the background. The way I finally got to resolve the issue was to do a restore not to be confused with a reboot. Haven't had the battery issue since.

Geeky Don

Jul 2, 2007
Battery problems

A soft reset seems to have corrected the problem.:)