Battery products, addons?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kewl!o

Bronze
May 28, 2007
Apex, NC
thethirdrail.wordpress.com
Does anyone know if Apple or 3rd parties are planning products to extend the battery life? I'm concerned that I'm listening to tunes and/or surfing the web and my battery dies, making it impossible for me to make or receive a phone call.

K

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Does anyone know if Apple or 3rd parties are planning products to extend the battery life? I'm concerned that I'm listening to tunes and/or surfing the web and my battery dies, making it impossible for me to make or receive a phone call.

K
And you should be. It's been one of the concerns voiced since the ipHone was announced. I remember seeing somewhere an iPHone wallet that carried and exterior battery in one of the flaps of the wallet. Evidently the iPhone plugs into it and utilizes the battery life in the wallet flap to supplement the battery in the iPhone.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
And you should be. It's been one of the concerns voiced since the ipHone was announced. I remember seeing somewhere an iPHone wallet that carried and exterior battery in one of the flaps of the wallet. Evidently the iPhone plugs into it and utilizes the battery life in the wallet flap to supplement the battery in the iPhone.

I thought it was supposed to have 2 batteries in it? One for talk time, and the other for the iPod? section..?

kewl!o

Bronze
May 28, 2007
Apex, NC
iPhone battery replacement kit

Do you have a URL?

FYI, I found this:

iPhone Battery Replacement Kits are Coming Soon!
http://www.ipodjuice.com/iphone-battery-replacement-products.htm

Boyscout47

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
It was in a .pdf download of an entire catalog of accessories for iPhones and iPods. Seems like it was two weeks ago now.
I would be careful getting anything for the iPhone just yet. I read something that said that all these accessories are made on asumptions that they have made from the Apple site and based off the iPod. They actually have not played with an iPhone. I don't think that the iPod accessories will work since the iPhone is some much more advanced.

May 6, 2007
United States
I would be careful getting anything for the iPhone just yet. I read something that said that all these accessories are made on asumptions that they have made from the Apple site and based off the iPod. They actually have not played with an iPhone. I don't think that the iPod accessories will work since the iPhone is some much more advanced.

I agree. There have been major problems before when cases and accessories for a device went on sale before the device itself did. I would wait at least a week or two after launch before purchasing anything major, as you never know the credibility of the accessory.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Yeah, but I think the iPhone is supposed to use the same 30 pin connector as the iPod so it really shouldn't be that big of a deal. I'm sure all the pins do all the same things.

kewl!o

Bronze
May 28, 2007
Apex, NC
Do you have a URL?

FYI, I found this:

iPhone Battery Replacement Kits are Coming Soon!
http://www.ipodjuice.com/iphone-battery-replacement-products.htm
Has anyone seen this?

Emergency AA Battery Extender w/ Tip Exchange for the Apple iPhone - Gomadic Brand
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000MY2FOI/ref=nosim/bizbytez01

Not exactly what I'd like to have, but may be a good "emergency" backup. I'd rather have some small attachable battery that I wouldn't mind carrying around...

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
ipod socks

yeah i've seen those...they look like a good "emergency" option that is pretty cheap. i just wish they would come up with a external HD that size that would give me 50-100 GB. yeah...i'll just keep throwing pennies in the well :)